Chapter 2

"What..." I gasped. "What are you?"

Sebastian laughed, and it was like bells tolling in my head as he dropped his human facade. The lapis blue of Sebastian's eyes bled into the palest blizzard blue, surrounded by the thinnest ring of blood red. "I have many names but the one most fitting, falleg Nornunga minn is...Upír."

Upír--the Alvöru Meira en Menn who feed on blood. My fear rose to a whole new level.

"No, no, no, Luka would have told me."

"Luka has been mine since she was sixteen. She is aware of the punishment for betraying me."

It was I who felt betrayed. Tears were streaming down my cheeks as my knees crumbled and I sat hard on the lounge. Luka was my closest friend and I shared everything with her, including my body. We had been physically intimate since we shared university accommodation. It was Luka who taught me everything I now know about kissing, touching and being with someone sexually. The lump in my throat returned and my breathing felt labored.

Sebastian sat adjacent to me again and wiped the tears from my cheek. "Hush, hush, Seraphina, Luka didn't betray you. She loves you and she would never do that to you. I have suspected who you are for a long time now. It's time I claim you." Sebastian pressed me back onto the lounge to lie above me.

"What do you want from me?" My voice was pitifully frail as I tried to press him away, but I doubt he even noticed my physical objections with his strength.

"Everything Seraphina, starting with your blood..."

All of my power was through nature, and what I knew I had worked out over the years, not having my parents or any relatives to teach me. I started crying as my eyes caught sight of the client chairs. I used what power I could and picked up one of the chairs, hurling it towards him. Sebastian blocked it and knocked it away with ease, barely even turning his head to glance at it.

My hands were still trapped between our bodies. I called witch-fire to my hands, covering them in absinthe-green flame. It burned him and he recoiled, pushing back onto his knees, but before I could lift them to do more damage he slapped me across the face, so hard I nearly lost consciousness.

"I was hoping we could do this the easy way. It would be a lot less painful for you." He placed his hands on my bare thighs and ran them up pushing my silk wrap dress up at the same time. When he got to my hips he let his hands move over the material of my dress to run up the rest of my body. My body temperature soared at his touch.

"You look so beautiful in jade silk, Seraphina. It feels so similar to your skin and the color makes your sea- green eyes look vibrant." His hands circled my breasts, his thumbs brushing over my nipples.

I lay there dazed, hearing his words and feeling his hands, but not quite up to moving yet after the blow to my head. "Why?"

He laid back down on me and put a kiss on my chest over my heart. "Because of who you are, because of what we will be together." He placed another kiss on my collarbone, then at my neck just over the jugular vein.

I hated that my body was responding to him, my pulse quickening. He kissed his way up to my face. He turned my head towards his, looked into my eyes, and then kissed me fully. Still shell-shocked by the force of his blow, I kissed him back, our tongues dancing with each other, and for a moment I forgot.

His hand moved to the button fastener at the side of my dress and moved the top wrap aside, exposing my lace bra on the right. He pulled the lace down to uncover my breast, the nipple taut. He stared into my eyes, then moved down and placed his mouth on my breast, beguiling the nipple into sending shocks of pleasure down to my groin, making everything go tight and wetter still. His right hand was pulling the lace of my briefs aside, his thumb teasing my pearl. His middle finger slid inside me; he was caressing me at all levels of pleasure.