Chapter 32

Shit's starting to hit the fan :p lol hope you like ittt! Please comment & follow <3 

-------------------

I decided to take a shower, as I probably really needed one. As I shampooed my hair, I thought about everything. What has my life become? All of this feels like something from a movie, not Miranda Grove’s life. 

I thought about Harry, and how sad I was that I lied to him today. I really wish I didn’t have to.

I thought about Scottie and how if I even say one little thing about Hunter, he gets mad at me.

I thought about Hunter and wondered if I still considered him a suspect. If Cassidy knows about that nickname, then that must mean she’s heard Harry call me it before. Which means, she has been watching and/or spying on us. But are her and Hunter working together? Or does Hunter not have anything to do with this, and he’s just an obvious choice?

I still think he’s doing it. He even took Harry’s coat that was in my car, why else would he do that if he wasn’t a part of this? And his weird p was on the notes, too. 

Unless Cassidy is framing him.

But that doesn’t explain the coat he took.

But why would Cassidy want to do this? What does she gain? 

Another random thought, how did Cassidy know where I live? She’s never been to my house and I’m fairly certain she wasn’t at my party. Unless she was hiding in the bushes spying on Harry and I while Hunter was inside, to give him an alibi.

I’m never throwing a party again.

I rubbed my forehead as the water cascaded down my body. This was all stressing me out and giving me a headache. What did I do in my life to deserve this?

I need to do something to fix it. I can’t just sit back and let it all crash around me, I needed to confront Hunter and ask him why the fuck he’s so crazy and finds the need to blackmail me. I decided I’d go to school early tomorrow and talk to him about it then.

But then I thought, why wait? How will I possibly sleep knowing I have to talk to him tomorrow. I couldn’t. I’ll have to talk to him tonight.

I quickly finished up my shower, getting out and throwing on random clothes. I ended up wearing a crew neck and yoga pants. Shocker.

I didn’t really care about how I looked, so I walked out of my house with my hair dripping wet and my face makeup free. Who knows, maybe I’ll scare Hunter away and he’ll leave me alone. Good plan.

I got into my car, locking myself in. It was already dark outside, as it was close to being 8 o’clock. I didn’t think Hunter would still be at Scottie’s, so I texted Scottie and asked him for Hunter’s number. I don’t know how he’d feel about that, but at the moment, I didn’t care.

He replied with a “Y?”, followed by his number. I quickly saved it to my contacts before replying to Scottie, “He left a sweatshirt in my car”. I couldn’t tell him that Hunter is blackmailing me, in fear of Scottie not believing me again.

I then opened a new message to Hunter.

“Hey, it’s Miranda. Can we meet up somewhere and talk?” I sent it and sat in my car, anxiously waiting for a reply. My knee was tapping up and down nervously, in the beat of the music that was playing on the radio. I was picking the nail polish off of all of my nails as well, and I had flecks of it all over my yoga pants. 

My phone dinged and I looked down.

“Sure. You can come to my house if you want? 422 Chester Rd,” his text said. I didn’t really know where that was at, but it seemed familiar.