That Stroke Of Luck

Chapter 1

~Flashback~

"Thank you daddy!!" I squealed and ran to my dad to give him a hug.

"Anything for my darling little girl" he said as he picked me up to twirl me around in the air

He gave me a gigantic blue stuffed monkey, he bought it for my teddy bear collection when he was away.

I giggled as he started to tickle me.

~Present time~

Those where happy times. I thought as I looked at the exact same blue stuffed monkey in front of me, his one eye is missing. I put him back in the brown box where my teddy collection is packed in. I'm packing out all of my boxes in my new room. We moved far away from our old house, our old house was a gigantic, 6 bedroom, 4 bathroom stone mansion on a mountain. We also had a bunch of animals because our lot was extremely big.

My mom divorced my dad a while back. We almost lost everything. So my mom decided to move away from all the memories.

So here I am. Sitting in my new room and looking at the strange pinkish colored walls. My room has two windows, and built in closet. Its not as big as my other room, but its something. We put my double bed opposite my windows and my desk/book shelf thing in the corner. Its kind of cramped but it feels homey.

I sigh and put some of the unpacked boxes on my bed. I pick up a box and walk to one of the other rooms.

"Mom, I'm done with another one." I tell my mom who is in the kitchen also unpacking.

"Okay honey. Go put it outside with the rest of the boxes." she says and smile at me before continuing rearranging and stuff.

"Okay." I say and walk to the front door. This house isn't that small, but its not big either. Actually its perfect for us, by us I mean me, my mom and little sister Lizzy. The house has three bedrooms and two bathrooms, a big-ish kitchen, dining room and living room. It's just another normal house with a back yard and small swimming pool.

I put the box down outside the door. I can't help but think of our old house. What will the buyers do with it? Will they sell the animals? Will they demolish the house and build some weird stapler factory? Or worse, will they make the place a petting zoo? I can't imagine my room being a gift shop.

My perfect room.

"Leeeeeeee" my nine year old sister whined, snapping me out of my trance. I have been standing in front of the door the whole time.

"Yes, Lizzy" I ask and walk towards her.

"I'm so extremely bored." she whines again. Hand on her hip and looking at me with a pleading expression. Her long blond hair is made up in two pony tails. She's wearing a pink hello kitty t-shirt and blue jeans, bare feet of course.  

"Then clean your room." I say as I lean on the wall.

"But that's boring!" She says and looks me in the eyes.

"I'll go ask mom if we can go for ice cream." I sigh. She squeaks in joy and run to her room to get her shoes.

I didn't even say we're going, and she's already ready.

I walk to the kitchen again to look for my mom.

"Hey honey." my moms says standing up from the floor and dusting herself off.

"Lizzy wants to go for ice cream.."

"Oh okay, there's money in my purse, you two can go."

"Thanks mommy." I say and give her a hug.

I go get the money and walk to the living room where Lizzy is waiting.

"Mom says we can go." I tell her and go the the front door.

She bounces off of the couch and run to me so she can get her ice cream.