Chapter 20

A/N: And here it is, the longest chapter in the novel and, for good reason as it is the last chapter in the book (not including the Epilogue). I'd like to thank you all and blah blah blah, but there's an epilogue that wraps up the story (which I will release tomorrow) so make sure to read it; we shall say our goodbyes there instead. The music on the side by the way is a song that you NEED to listen to in order to get the full effect of the chapter. Plus, it's for your feels as a few of the lyrics are woven into the chapter.

Without further delay, here is the final chapter of "Disfigured Beauty". 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If a great wave shall fall
It would fall upon us all
Well I hope there's someone out there
Who can bring me back to you

---

Sigyn’s lips pressed tight against Theoric’s. Her hands looped around his neck as she pulled herself closer to him, his hands all but picking her off the ground as his hands had made their way around her waist. Every question in her mind whether or not she loved him faded away in a mere instant. Their bodies molded against each other and their weeklong absence was erased in a matter of minutes.

The other figure in the room clearing his throat reminded her that they were not alone, no matter how much they felt like they were miles away from Asgard. Their lips separated, a stupid grin plastered across his face. Feeling his forehead resting against hers only affirmed her belief that he was truly there and it was not a figment of her imagination. Loki silently leaned against the bookshelf on the far side of the room, arms crossed over his chest tightly but his face wore no expression.

“Would you like to accompany me on an evening ride?” Theoric asked, blatantly ignoring Loki.

A smile crept up the blonde’s face. “Of course.” Turning towards the door, she reminded herself of the other company in the room. “Loki, if you would await our return in your chambers? As to not upset your father.”

A twinge of guilt filled the pit of her stomach when he simply nodded and disappeared from view, in no doubt, to his room. She was thankful that Theoric had his back turned and was already in the hallway when he did; no need to start another fight. Attempting to push the guilt looming in her mind as she starred at where Loki once stood, she turned and headed through the doors of the library after Theoric. 

--

So lately, been wondering
Who will be there to take my place?

--- 

“I did not know that you would return so soon; I did not expect you for several more days.” Sigyn said, combing through her hair in the vanity mirror of Theoric’s room.

Their evening ride had been short and sweet. It had ended with a nice romantic walk through the small villages of Asgard. They had been nothing like her own, much more grand and unique than she would have ever believed them to be. It was special, for him to show her part of the world he grew up in. Not to mention he apologized numerous times for his actions and for leaving her alone with Loki.

“I knew that you would be having a difficult time with… him. So I returned earlier than I would have planned on. Thor, Hogun and Volstagg shall return tomorrow. Sif, Fandral, Eir and Véar returned today as well.”  Theoric had yet to say Loki’s name, as if the God would be summoned to the room like a demon when his name was spoken.