Chapter One

Chapter One ~ A Place In This World

"I'm alone, on my own, and that's all I know

I'll be strong, I'll be wrong, oh but life goes on

Oh, I'm just a girl, trying to find a place in this world"

{ELSA}

Today was another boring old day. Me stuck in my room and Anna lurking around the palace. Then suddenly, I heard a faint knock on the door.

"Do you want to build a snowman?" Anna hummed from outside the door.

And all I would do is listen to her song.

"Come on let's go and play." She sang. "I never see you anymore. Come out the door."

"It's like you've gone away." I sniffed and winced. There was too much pain. I was holding back my tears.

"We used to be best buddies." She continued anyway. "And now we're not."

"I wish you would tell me why." I could Anna, I could. But it's too dangerous if I did. I would risk your life once again.

"Do you wanna build a snowman." She sang once more. "It doesn't have to be a snowman."

I gathered all my strength and said loud enough for her to hear, "Go away, Anna."

"Okay, bye." She sang, and she soon left. Her footsteps echoed in the empty halls. And soon, tears were gushing out my eyes.

She would always sing her song. She would always knock on my door. And everyday, I would just sit at the door and send her away. It hurts too much. But I fear that I'd hurt her. And the fact that I would be hurting her hurts even more.

I was now sobbing in my small palms, leaning on my door. My room had frost covering the walls. My powers are out of control. I was too afraid to leave this room. To go anywhere near anyone. Even Anna.

I stood up, wiped my tears away and walked towards my window. It was snowing. Of course it was, silly. But I always seem to think.. that I caused all this. There were children playing in the snow, having fun. I sighed deeply and touched my window, making frost spread and my view of the outside was gone.

I went to my desk to do something time-passing. What was I to do in the cold chambers I call my room? I sighed and sat, my desk full of children's story books, coloring materials and pads of paper. Another day of grief and loneliness.

I grabbed a pencil and started to draw Olaf, the snowman me and Anna made the day I struck her. We loved Olaf. We really did. And I still do. But if we ever play again, I might hit her. And worse, in the heart. The heart is not easily healed.

I sighed deeply and shook my thoughts away, as if shaking my head could make me stop thinking about Anna, and the horrible things I could do to her. Nothing could ever make me stop thinking about Anna. What was I to do, being locked up in my room?

I finished my drawing of Olaf. He really looked like himself. The large tooth in his mouth, the rock eyes, the stick hair. And suddenly I was crying again. Just like that, I was crying.

I shook my head, as if that could help stop me from crying. I wiped my eyes and forced my tears back. Then I set my drawing aside and looked for something to read in my pile of story books. Maybe that could take my mind off things.

Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Little Mermaid. I've already read all these books. I sighed and threw the last of them to the side. I stared blankly on my desk, as if looking for something to do.

I sighed heavily, still eyeing my desk. It was as messy as a zoo. Even more than a zoo. But still, it was quite orderly to me. It is my desk, after all. Then suddenly something caught my eye. It looked new but was tainted with dust. I picked it up and blew the dust off of the cover. It was a children's book.

The Winter Spirit? Is there even such a thing? The cover had snow all over and children playing, building snowmen and having snowball fights. So.. how is this in any way interesting? I sighed and decided to flip through pages. I mean, I haven't read it yet, it seems.

But little did I know that I would actually like the book. The first page made me eager to flip through all the pages. It gave me a knowledge that surprised me too much that I actually had interest. And suddenly, I felt less alone.

"There's a Guardian who can control Ice and Snow.

And you had to Believe in him to let him Show.

He gives all of us our Winter Days.

Jack Frost is his name."

Knowing someone else had my powers made me have hope. Hope that I could someday make use of these hands for something better. And before I knew it, I actually began to believe in him.

~~~

A/N: I suck in writing. I suck in everything. I suck being a human. I suck. Thank you. And this is not proofread so don't fret if there's grammar errors.

Yeah, so all this is fictional. Even the Winter Spirit book is made up. I just said to make things clear. Maybe later you'd be looking for that book somewhere.

Sorry if this is short. I had nothing in mind and this is all I could do. So, yeah..

Also, the song lyrics in the start. Yeah, I'll be doing that often. But be wary of song changes. I kinda am not sure if the lyrics fits the chapter.

I also won't make this A/N much long. I kinda forgot what I wanted to say. And I know people hate them long.

VOTE | COMMENT | SHARE | FOLLOW