Chapter Five

Chapter Five ~ Radioactive

"This is it,

The apocalypse"

{JACK}

I flew in the wind, a smile plastered on my face. I felt genuinely happier than I ever have. Knowing that someone was just like me, it felt great. For the first time, I didn't feel alone. There was someone out there who had my power, and that changed everything.

I soared through the winds, twisting and twirling, doing backflips and just fooling around. I screamed in the sky, letting all my worries go, the wind taking me away towards the North Pole to meet up with the rest of the gang. And probably share my new discovery.

After flying over oceans and cities, and admiring the sunset while it lasted, I finally made it at North's Workshop. As usual, there were elves and yetis working everywhere. Christmas wasn't even near yet, but they were already manufacturing presents. North always likes being prepared.

I dodged all the yetis and elves who seem to never stop working. Even just pause to give me a path or to get out of my way. Which kind of made it hard to get to North, but I eventually reached him. I huffed in exhausion, only a small smile on my face for finally arriving.

North was staring at the globe of belief, his gaze never wavering. Tooth flew in circles and she seemed to be hyperventilating, and deep in thought. Sandy and Easter Kangaroo, who just stood about a meter apart from North were the ones who noticed me, but just stared at me with sad eyes.

There was something wrong, now wasn't there?

"Hey guys!" I just greeted casually, waiting for one of them to fill me in. North finally turned to look at me. He looked sad and stressed out all at once. Tooth froze and just gave me a weak smile, finding her place next to Sandy. She acted like she wasn't panicking earlier at all.

"Jack, we got some bad news." North said, with his thick accent.

"What is it now?" I asked him in a dull manner, staring at the globe. The lights were still glowing brightly, which meant the children from all over the world still believed in us. So I'm guessing that's not the concern.

"This is serious, Frost." Aster spoke sternly, making me look at him. He was serious alright. I didn't respond to let them know I was listening.

"Pitch Black is back." Tooth said, a hint of anxiety in her voice, as she pressed her hands together and lightly bit her lip in fear. "And he's much much stronger."

"Wait, didn't we kill the dude? I thought he was gone for good." I asked, looking at each one of them with a cocked eyebrow. This was really strange, for me.

"A child's great fear had somewhat brought him back to life, and fueled him, making him stronger than ever." North said, turning back to the globe. I followed his gaze to a black shadow on the globe, somewhere in.. wait a minute..