Chapter Twenty-Four

*Ian*

"Layla," I yelled when I saw her fall to the ground and I ignored everything as I dropped down beside her tried to stop the bleeding. "Baby don't close your eyes. Layla, princess please."

Just as Layla's eyes closed I was shoved out of the way and I went to fight back but stopped when I saw that it was the EMTs and they were working on stopping the bleeding.

"Should have crushed her fucking windpipe," Marcos yelled and I snapped out of my shock and turned towards him. "Stupid bitch should have been dead already."

Growling I turned and walked over to Gunner and Tyson who were holding Marcos and I punched him, knocking him out.

"Son?" my father said.

"Lock him and his father up," I said. "I will deal with them after I know that Layla is okay."

Ten minutes later, everyone was at the hospital as we waited for Layla to get out of surgery but I couldn't sit still so I had taken to pacing the floor as the memory of Layla getting shot ran through my mind like a broken record. After two hours of no news, I couldn't take anymore and I turned punching a wall before I slid to the floor burying my head in my hands as tears ran down my face. I jumped when I felt arms wrap around me and I realized it was just Nessa who was also crying.

"Ian, I'm..."

"Don't apologize," I said. "You have nothing to apologize for. I should have realized something like this would have happened. I should have known that Marcos was the one to attack her weeks ago."

"You couldn't have known," she whispered and I shook my head before resting it against the wall.

"I should have recognized the signs," I muttered. "After all he's done most of what he did to Layla to you so many times."

*Benny*

I was standing between Sarah and Frankie when Brandon caught my eye and he tilted his head towards my parents, who were holding each other and I stood up and went over to them and they pulled me between them hugging me tightly but I didn't say anything knowing that they both needed something to hold them grounded. Hours later a doctor walked up to us and I jumped up just as Ian did.

"Is she okay?" several different people asked.

"Ms.Sandro will be okay but there were some complications," the doctor said. "Her heart gave out several times on the table and after my team got the bleeding to stop I ran a blood test and it showed that she had a type of posion in her system that was affecting her heart and had been for a few months."

"Son of a bitch," Gunner snarled. "I'm gonna blow his head off."

Everyone looked at him before the rest of the bodyguards realized what he said and they all growling threats.

"As I was saying," the doctor said drawling our attention away from the guys. "I was able to get the posion out of her system and now it's just a wait and see if or when she'll wake up. She is set up in a private room so you all can go see her and one person can stay when visitation hours are over."

"Thank you," Brandon said before turning to Gunner. "You know who was poisoning her, take care of them and then report back to me."

"Yes sir," the guys said and they all disappeared and when I turned around I noticed that Ian was gone and I figured he was already with Layla.