Chapter Ten

*Ian*

  It was quiet except for Marcie crying and the red heads muttering, when the door burst open and three guards came in along with my parents and Joe.

  "What happened?" Mother asked rushing over and dropping down beside Marcie.

  "Red head punched her for no reason," Diana cried as fake tears in her eyes.

  "Honey, you need some damn acting lessons cause that was pathetic." Ariel said moving an inch towards her causing Diana to scream and fall back on the ground.

  "Ariel," Layla groaned pulling out of my arms. "You didn't have to punch her, I'm used to the name calling from her."

  "Don't except me to apologise cause I will hit her again," Ariel said storming out of the dinning hall.

  "Ariel wait!" Layla yelled running after her friend.

  "Don't piss off a red head," Thomas laughed as he followed after the girls.

  "Hope you have enough makeup to cover that up for the park speech this afternoon," Amir said and I snorted pulling him out of the room letting my parents deal with that.

*Layla*

  "Marcie is going to sue us," I groaned pacing the floor in front of Ariel who was wrapping her hand.

  "She asked for it," Ariel shrugged pulling me down beside her. "Besides maybe now she'll think twice before messing with you."

  "I wonder what kind of story she'll come up with?" Thomas asked from the chair where he was looking over his camera. "Cause in a few hours she'll have to make an appearance at the park speech."

  "I forgot about that," I muttered standing up and walking into my room. "Gunner can you help me?"

  "What about me?" Ariel yelled and I flipped her off closing the door after Gunner was out of the way.

  "Help," I begged giving him my puppy dog eyes and he groaned walking to the closet.

  "Take a shower and clean up nicely," he said and I to the bathroom trusting Gunner to pick me an outfit more than I did Thomas or Ariel.

*Ian*

  I was watching Marcie throw a hissy fit because her makeup didn't cover her black eyes or the obvious broken nose see was now sporting. Chuckling I looked out at all the people that showed up for this speech but I couldn't spot Layla or any of her friends, wiping my face from all emotions I moved to Vanessa, Amir, Darek and Efraim.

  "I want to meet this girl," Nessa said and Darek and Efraim laughed. "Hi Ian."

  "Have you seen your girl yet?" Amir asked.

  "No," I said glancing around one more time. "Have you seen Layla?"

  "Yeah she said to tell you good luck and she'll see you afterwards. In the meantime you need to get back up there it's starting," Amir said pushing towards the podium.

  Joe said a few opening words before giving my the stage as I gave the speech on how I would change things for their economy ad the schools. Shortly after that I was answering their questions when Layla stood up walking to the microphone.

  "Many of us are wondering how is the talk about the RCIT is going? How would that effect the small islands that merchants sell too?"

  "We aren't letting any information on what's happening with that at this  moment. It wouldn't hurt their economy so bad as to stop illegal trade, such as gun, drugs, and human slavery." I said and she nodded jotting it down on her notpad.

  "Thank you Prince James," she said and I let out a growl of annoyance hating when she calls me that even it it for formal appearances. I went to give Joe back the podium when several loud pops sounded and I reconized them as gunshots, growling a curse I jumped down and pulled Layla back into me as I rushed her to a save spot know the guards will take care of the others.