(FINALE) The Ending Of Forever After

*song highly recommended near the end

WARNING: THE FEELS ARE CONTAGIOUS.

"Y/N, I saw you grow up. And guess what?" The white haired boy smiled sadly at me, his ocean blue eyes gossing over like crystals, "I used to be your guardian angel. You'd never know that though. . ." Killua's voice trailed on, looking in the distance, recalling memories from the past. Everything he was telling me made little to no sense. It was hard not to interrupt him.

While everyone else stood awkwardly with their bodies angled towards us, silent, I could see Gon's lips curl from the edge of my vision smugly and for the first time, I was frightened about him being mine. Him being in charge of my life. One tiny slip and it would all be over.

"Gon," I said in a low, menacing voice, anger boiling inside if me at a rapid speed. "You knew this too." It wasn't a question. I already knew the answer, wanting to hear it come from his mouth.

When my guardian angel said nothing, seemingly on the verge of laughter, I offered him a smirk. This, rather than the tears he was used to having me shed for him every fucking time- took him by surprise. He blinked, incredulous. "What? Do you want me to say I'm sorry?"

"Show her your back." Killua ordered, his hands burried in the depths of his pockets, concentrating on controlling his own emotions, "Show Y/N the truth. Go on, Gon. Too chicken? I can do it for you-"

"Why? That's humiliating." Gon frowned, brows furrowed, completely clueless.

"Your face is humiliating." Jeremy sneered.

"Do it, asshole." Drake called out.

"You're still a boy, Gon. He's not gonna do it." Jace smirked, crossing his arms. "Not that that's a surprise, you've never been able to do it, right, Gony-poo?"

Before I could stop myself, I placed the palm of my hand on his back, quickly retracting it when Gon's Caramel orbs dilated into black spheres, their gaze piercing the air. He took my wrist and before I knew what was happening, my back slammed against the wall behind me. The gasp I was about to make became stuck in my throat and I slumped on the floor.

"Y/N!!" Marshall shreeked, sprinting towards me and collapsing by my side, touching my shoulders, shaking me vigoriously. "Please, idiot, open your eyes! Hell!"

When I opened my eyes again, Killua was standing in front of us protectively, a scarlet, skinny tail wagging from side to side, connected to his skin, now a shade paler, like paper. He was baring his fangs at Gon who faced him with a challenging, disarming look of defiance, as if it say: Do you think I care? Come at me.

I was tired of being dragged around, being these two's trophy, a damsel in distress. Fuck, this was not a damn competition. I stood on my feet steadily, brushing calmly passed Killua and finally standing in front of Gon who didn't even glance at me, staring down Killua. I slipped the fabric of his short on my fingers, pulling it up without another thought. The green-tip haired male noticed too late, when it was completely off and my eyes were too fast, taking in his scars. The same as Killua's I thought, the dark realization finally sinking in.

"What the hell did you do, Gon?"

The smirk of his was finally gone, giving way to a sudden, icy detachment coming from him. His next words sent a chill to snake down my spine, sending a shiver on my part. "It doesn't matter, silly girl. I'm still yours forever."

NO, my heart was pounding rapidly. So fast. NO, my mind screamed. This is all a lie.

All of a sudden, several archangels flew above our heads, wind blowing my hair back and then they had tackled Gon, Killua, Jeremy, Drake, and Jace to the ground roughly, like boulders crashing against each other. I was surprised when I saw a familiar face in the sea of angels with solid, red wings, her once energetic and friendly eyes now professional and unbending, catching mine. She tensed, feet planted where she stood, "Don't take this personally, Y/N." Nailyn had Killua in her grip, who was looking directly at me with regret splattered across his features, gulping as if in physical pain.

Gon was struggling furiously, "Wait! At least let me- yeah. . . ." For some reason they had let him go, to say goodbye. As he strode toward me with a genuine look, the naive side of me beleived for a second that he would apologize before they took him away, instead he planted his sour lips against mine, eyes filled with vengeance and evil intention. I didn't react to the exchange, feeling nothing at all, no emotion, no flattery, no warmth. My first kiss, stolen forever. Just like dust.

When he was finished, he went back. No goodbye.

Killua's eyes were wide with shock and he appeared to be arguing with Nailyn to be set free in order to do the same- to have some last moments with me before departure. But judging by her stern expression and shake of the head, she wouldn't hear it. Not from my ex-guardian angel. But he broke free anyway. Standing in front of me the next moment and saying, "Let me get the taste out, angel. It's the least I can do for you and it might not be your first kiss, but I hope you remember this if anything." He smirked at me before leaning in, gripping my waist, tilting my head back with his free hand and crashing his rough lips on mine, a mix between urgent and mourning, a surge of adrenaline coursing through both of us. I parted my lips and allowed him entrance to something I didn't ever consider worth protecting. My heart.

I realized tears were streaming down my cheeks. When he pulled away, he kissed my forehead gently, then showering me in kisses. Killua cupped my face, wiping away my tears with his thumb and whispering in my ear, "I'll always be with you, angel. Don't cry."

Then he was taken away before my eyes, his brothers, though smiling, were also in tears.

"See you again, little lady!" Drake yelled.

Nailyn was next to me in seconds, her hands on my head, my temples. I heard her sigh. "Close your eyes, Y/N."

I did. "Will it hurt?"

"You won't remember anything."

I drifted off into darkness.