The Meadow Which We Walk Among

And out in the green grove, there danced a couple.

One was the friend, the other was I.

 ----------------

It was late summer, almost the end of break to be exact. I hadn't acutely done much over the summer but I enjoyed it. I was playing a game on the computer when my phone started ringing. I picked it up and looked at the collar ID, it was my girlfriend, Lizzie. I answered the phone, "Hay love." She giggled, "Hay Sam, can you come over, I found something absolutely lovely!" I hesitated and looked at the game I was playing, "Oh, uh, sure, give me ten minutes and I'll be right over then." There was a pause before Lizzie responded, "Ok then, be quick!" Before I could say my goodbye she hung up. I put down the phone and finished the game I had been playing.

I walked out the door and headed towards Lizzie's house, humming. When I got to her house she was out front waiting, excited obviously. "Hay Li-" I was cut off, "C'mon Sammy, it's this way!" I frowned slightly as Lizzie started leading me to the forest that had been behind her house.

Me and Lizzie acutely had a lot of memories in this forest, it had been where we first met, where we first kissed, and alot more.

Lizzie walked into the thick forest eagerly, I was following right behind her, "So what do you want to show me Liz?" She giggled again, "It's better if I just showed you!" Even for me this was odd, Liz usually didn't giggle much, not like this at least, but I decided to ignore it and continue to walk.

On my way there I say a figure, it looked like a person, but, it had horns, like one of a mountain goat. I turned to look at Lizzie, loosing sight of the goat person. "Liz did you see that?" She turned her attention towards me, "See what?" She asked dumbly, "That!" I pointed at where the figure was, but there was nothing there. She giggled again, "Silly, there's nothing there! Now hurry up, we're almost there!" She continued walking, going a little faster now. I hesitated before following.

Soon after, Lizzie and I came into a clearing, it looked like a meadow with grass that went up to your knees an a nice arrangement of flowers here and there.

I looked around in complete awe, "Wow Liz, I never knew this was here." I said as I began to walk into the meadow. "Neither did I! But now I do!" She grabbed my hand and walked with me, as a variety of musical instruments began to play. "This place is fantastic Liz! We should come here more often!" Just while saying that, the figure I had seen earlier in the forest came into view, "You two can stay here forever." His voice was soothing... Warm... Comforting.... He had long white hair, with goat horns penetrating from it. He had bandages around his left eye and lower stomach, strange markings all over his body, and legs of a goats. I looked at Lizzie, who was smiling at me, then I looked at the goat man, "Are you sure?" He smiled slightly and nodded, "I'm positive."

It had been hours, Lizzie and me were both dancing to the music playing, with the goat man only watching us. "I will be having quite a lovely feast tonight..." He mumbled to himself, I stopped and looked at him, "What was that?" He only smiled widely, saying in his soothing voice, "I said we will be having quiet a lovely feast tonight."

-------------------

And out in the green grove, there danced a couple.

One was the friend, the other was I.