Myra

"A broken past led her astray and she thought her balloons would carry her away."

Here, in my town, nothing goes right.
Nothing is justified.

I met my dad on the streets.
He didn't even recognise me.
I must've not looked like the woman he raped.

I despised him.
So I punctured his car tires while he wasn't looking.

I never loved mom.
She never loved me anyways.
Why should I return the love that wasn't even there in the first place?

All this turmoil led me to the only place I could find shelter.

The pub.

Partying hard at 16 and sleeping with men just to get shelter for the night, using balloons as protection wasn't exactly leading me to a bright future.

But it was getting me by, and that's all I needed at that desperate time.

On my way to the pub after getting thrown out of the house by an angry, cheated on wife, I met a boy.

He was taller only by a couple inches, had a lean body and messy hair.

He looked like a nice guy.
And being tired of my scandalous life, I asked him if he could introduce me to someplace I could rest for the night.

"You're lucky my house doesn't have a rule preventing hobos. Haha. You can stay with me" his gentle voice echoed in my head, repeating the words "You can stay with me"

I smiled but before I could speak he cut me off "I'm Randell. And you're miss...?"

His ragged yet handsome appearance kept me from realization of what I had said.
Which apparently was "Miss whatever-your-last-name-is.."

He laughed and led me back to his place.

"Myra. My name's Myra. You asked earlier."

"Do me a favor, Myra?"

A sigh escaped my throat, thinking my choice to follow him wasn't the right one.

"Nothing rash." He continued. "I'm turning 18 the day after tomorrow. No big deal or anything, but... celebrate it with me?"

I raised my eyebrows at his favor, surprised.

"Of course!"

Randell unlocked the front door.
Then showed me to the guest room.

"When you're done getting settled in, mind joining me for coffee?"

"I've never tasted coffee."

"Great. Then your first coffee will taste amazing 'cuz I'm brewing some now."

He speaks the dopest words.
Hahah.

I laid on the bed, thinking.
No one has ever treated me like this before.
Never with such love and kindness.
Never with a sincere smile like what Randell had to offer.

I joined him for the best coffee ever.

On his birthday, I sang him happy birthday and made him a failed cake.

"The cake is... nice...?" He choked out after taking the first bite.

I replied with a laugh.
I knew it tasted bad.
Hehe.

I stayed with him for years.
I got to know him a lot better.
I know that his favourite artist is Taylor Swift.
...that he started working at 16.
And that his parents threw him out when he was 15.

One day, he blindfolded me and took me to the street where we first met.

"Do me a favor, Myra?"

He paused, trying not to tense up.

"Could you be mine? AHERM!!" he coughed "I mean could you be my girlfriend?"

We dated for 4 years.

"Lets go out tonight?" He asked while brewing some coffee for us.

"I'm kinda lazy" I rolled around on the floor.

"Come on, you won't regret it... probably" he laid a mug of coffee in front of me and sat on the floor beside me.

"O-k-ayy, Rand. Do ME a favor?"

"I'm listening." He took a sip of coffee.

"Give me the best night of my life."

I dressed up in the classiest dress I had.
He got it for me two Christmases ago.

He held my hand while we were walking to the fanciest restaurant in town.

"That was a nice dinner. I could always go for dessert. Hahah!" I joked about the dessert, I wasn't feeling great about always using his money.

"I pre-ordered it" he winked and called for the waiter.

The waiter set the dessert on our table.
It was covered.

Randell lifted the cover and took out a small red box.

"Myra, Do me a favor... and marry me?"  He opened the small red box and knelt down in front of me.

He cried as he pulled me in for a tight hug when I said YES.

"I guess you are Miss whatever-my-last-name-is. Except, it's not Miss anymore, Mrs Jones." He winked.

◎●◎●◎●◎●◎●◎●◎●◎●◎●◎●◎●◎●◎●◎●◎

Her POV.