Chapter 17

“It’s beautiful. Isn’t it?” I said, I was with Dylan on a cliff; we were watching the sun set. “Yeah, it’s amazing, do you want a closer look?” I looked at Dylan, he smiled at me and pressed a button, I squealed when the roof came over, I thought it would be some flimsy fabric, but it wasn’t, the Chevrolet must have been re-vamped by Dean and in the fabrics place was pure, hard metal in a colour much like the car itself. I got out and before I could say a word, Dylan picked my up and lifted me onto the roof, a second later he jumped on next to me. “This is a better view, when the sun goes, we will go back, I think it’s your turn to come to the dorm, you need to meet Dean.” I smiled at Dylan, “Ok, I guess I can do that, but be warned, I will be in my pj’s.”

“Whatever, as long as you see me soon.” Dylan kissed me then, it wasn’t long, but it wasn’t short and it was sweet, very sweet. We spent the rest of our time laid on the roof watching the sun set. I fell silently asleep in Dylan’s embrace on the roof.

I woke up again in the car; I was laid in my seat, yes, laid, Dylan had taken the dignity to lower the back of my seat right down so I was comfortable, he had also put the roof of the car down, I looked at the stars for a while, the sky in Greece was cloudless, beautiful. I then also realised my hair was out of it’s beehive style and was draping behind me. I was in my human form I realised, I looked up at Dylan, and he was in his human form too, he head his eyes firm on the road, his brow was narrowed, he was grabbing the steering wheel of the car so hard his tight fists were white as snow. “Dylan? You okay?”

“Fine.” Dylan said as he loosened his fists and clenched them over and over. “You’re lying to me. What’s wrong?” I at up and gave him ‘the stare’, he suddenly slammed the brakes and nearly sent me flying, “Sorry,” he said, lifting my seat to the right height, “it’s just, Jess, she’s being the usual control freak- slash- annoyance. I think she likes me, and is jealous that you have me.”

“Well no! She just did the acid trick and tried to kill me on the beach because she was bored!” I gasped as I realised what I had said, Dylan didn’t know about the beach. He looked at me with concern glinting in his eyes, “She did what?”

“Tried to drown me with her powers.” I whispered, “Right, fasten up. Now.” I just had time to fasten my seatbelt when Dylan slammed the accelerator, we sped of, swerving this way and that before Dylan managed to pull it together and get the car to drive straight.

We arrived back at school after 5 minutes of driving, Dylan didn’t bother opening his door, he just jumped out and walked straight into the school, I quickly ran after him, I managed to finally catch up to him as we reached the girls dorm, he burst through the door and upon sight of Jess stormed like a tornado to her, she put on a flirty smile and tried to put her hand on his chest, but Dylan beat her to it, he grabbed her wrist, threw it down to her side and grabbed her by the throat. Dylan rammed Jess straight into the wall and quickly lifted her, she gasped for air, but it was no use, Dylan still had her by the throat, and only the throat, “You dare hurt Charlotte! You know what? You’re pathetic, you always have been and you always will be! But now this is personal, taking it out on my girlfriend? You should be lucky you’re still alive you stupid cow!” Dylan was practically roaring, and you could see Jess going a pale blue, it was time for me to step in, I ran up to Dylan, and when I tried to pull him away, he refused, shoving me off, gently, but forceful. I took a few steps back and ran, I jumped on Dylan’s back, ragged his hair until he let go and jumped off, I stood between him and Jess and placed a hand flat against his chest, “I can take strength away just as I can give it Dylan, don’t make me hurt you because of this.” After all the commotion, I saw Aaron and Becky run out from the kitchen area hand in hand. He argued for a while but with a little pushing he gave in, collapsing on a sofa, taking me down with him. We laid like that laughing for a few seconds, and then I stood up and held out my hand, he took it and we stood up, “I think I need to meet a certain someone.” I laughed at Dylan’s confused look and pulled him out of the door. I skipped down the hall with Dylan hot on my heels, I laughed and ran as fast as I could in the empty hallway, but he was too fast. In 30 seconds he was trying to grab me, I grew myself a pair of wings- the kind that you would imagine a fairy having, or a bug- and gracefully jumped up into the air and landed on his unsuspecting back. “Argh! Charlie? Is that you?” He shouted when I put my hands over his eyes, “well no! It’s a magic fairy!” He grumbled and walked on, he carried me on his back all the way to the boys’ dorm, thankfully not seeing any students.

The layout of the boys’ dorm wasn’t much different than the girls; there were TV’s on the wall, and sofas, and a kitchen area, everything looked the same, I hopped off of Dylan’s back at the door. When he grabbed my hand and casually strolled through the dorm, we were met by dozens of curious eyes, the room was silent except for the noise of the football on TV and the usual clangs of pots and pans in the kitchen. I just kept my head down until we reached Dylan’s room. When we walked in, I wasn’t expecting what I saw; I thought Dean would be some sort of nerdy character who wore glasses and had a sort of comb over hairstyle, I especially expected – with my image of Dean in my mind- for the room to be tidy, and bare. I did not expect to walk into a dark room that had a thin film of litter on the floor, posters with girls on pasted all over the walls, and a scruffy haired, blond, vaguely cute boy sat on his messy, un made bed! “Hey Dean! Ugh, Dean!” Dylan shouted at Dean, he eventually took his earplugs out and looked at us, he smiled, his teeth were straight and shiny, “Ah, Dyl, so this is the pretty Charlotte you’ve told me about, God Charlotte, he never stops talking about you! The names Dean, by the way.” I rolled my eyes at him; Dylan squeezed my hand, which gave me all the strength I needed to stay in that disgusting room. “Oh, sorry ‘bout the mess, wasn’t expecting guests.” I smiled at him, “Oh, thanks for lending Dylan the car, it has a lot of sweet memories stored in it now.” Dean winked at Dylan, who I could tell blushed, then I realised what Dean was winking for, “Oh, come on! Not those sort of memories! Just, nice ones.” I smiled up at Dylan and nestled into him when he put his arm around me, “Yeah, I enjoyed it, well, the most part.” I looked up at Dylan, in the dim light; his eyes were sparkling, like he wanted to cry. “Dyl, just let it go, she’s not going to ruin this for us, I promise.” I squeezed Dylan’s hand, Jess wasn’t going to hurt us anymore, and I warned her when we were fighting Nyx. “Well, it’s been nice meeting you Dean, but I should get back to the dorm, and Dylan? I think Aaron will need some assistance with leaving.” I waved to dean, who smiled back and shouted bye when Dylan and me left.

“Well, what do you think of Dean?” Dylan asked as we walked down the hall, “He’s unique, very, erm, unique.”

“So basically weird. Ha ha, I don’t blame you for thinking that, most of the stuff on the floor is his, from previous dorm parties gone wrong.” I let out a small chuckle. When we walked inside the girls dorm, it was empty, looking at the clock, I realised it was after curfew, “Oh God, Dyl, you need to hurry, it’s after curfew, so we’ll get Aaron and then you have to go, fast.” We ran to my shared dorm and burst through the door, Aaron and Jess were playing cards, I giggled slightly at their poker faces, “Come on Aaron, time to go, say bye to your girl.” I glared at Dylan, “Friend! Say bye to your girlfriend and let’s go already!” Aaron gave Becky a quick kiss and walked up to Dylan, who then kissed me, quick, just like Aaron’s to Becky, “Love you.” I whispered in his ear, “Love you too.” He whispered back, I watched them leave the room, the turned to Becky and squealed, “So,” I said as I jumped onto her bed, “Give me the gossip, what’s happened with you and Aaron?”

“Well,” Becky said as we both crossed our legs, “When you and Dylan ran out into the sea, me and Aaron started talking, I realised we had lots in common, so when he asked me to be his girlfriend I obviously said yes, I mean, have you looked at him? So cute!” I laughed when Becky hugged her huge black and red pillow and squealed, “Anyway, what happened with you and Dylan? You came back pretty late!” Becky punched my arm softly and we laughed, “Well,” I said in the middle of a laugh, “We went up to a cliff to watch the sun set, and the I fell asleep, and when I woke back up, we were coming home, and well. That happened. But I think I’m in a messed up heaven.”

“Much like Jess’ mind, just a messed up hell.” We laughed and then I fell asleep, feeling truly happy for once.

A/N Well, that's it! The end of Escape, let me know if you want me to upload the second book of the series, Found, and what you have thought of the book!