The Entrance

"You've been cast on season five of RuPaul's Drag Race."

Those words hadn't left Detox's head since the day she heard them. Finally, her biggest dream was going to come true, and today was the day that it would all begin. Even though she had no idea what competition she was up against, she wanted to be seen as the biggest threat in the workroom the second her high heels hit the floor.
She spent more time on her makeup than usual, and spent even longer choosing an outfit. Eventually, she settled on a striped, black and yellow latex skirt that included a matching top, purse and headpiece. It showed off her ass well, and that was always a plus for her. She felt like the definition of a glamazon. And like a threat.

She was the first one to enter the workroom, and she was rather pleased about it. "They'll all get a good look at the next drag superstar before she sends them all home" Detox thought to herself, checking her pale blonde hair in the mirror as she set her bag down and claimed her mannequin.

About five minutes passed before she heard the click-clacking of another queen. They didn't say anything at first, and Detox didn't care enough to turn around. She wanted to have an intimidating and solitary presence from the get-go, and this was a perfect start.

"Mesh! Are you kidding?"

Detox recognised that voice immediately. That was the voice of her best friend. That was the voice of someone she loved and trusted more than anything. That was the voice of Roxxxy Andrews.
She let out an excited squeal, Roxxxy doing the same as they ran towards each other, embracing as tightly as their outfits would let them. Suddenly, Detox forgot all about the competition. All she could think about was her best friend being here with her, and - knowing the queen in her arms as well as she did - they'd be together until the very bitter end.

The pair watched eagerly as queen after queen walked through the hot pink entrance. Some were promising, some were beautiful, and others were just strange. Roxxxy would often give her friend a knowing glance, Detox returning it instantly. Even with so much makeup and such large lashes, Roxxxy could always somehow convey entire conversations worth of shade or excitement.