She

She sat alone at the edge of the cliff, her feet dangling peacefully over the edge. The sun had set hours ago and night had fallen, the wind began to pick up sending cold chills throughout her body. She sighed, moving stray hairs behind her ear and hugged herself tightly. Her heart had been broken for the last time tonight and she was done.

The boy she loved for nearly two years had crossed the last line. She put up with the abuse- both physical and verbal- for too long. She listened to the lies and sat through all his bullshit excuses for the last time. She was done covering the scars on her arms and legs. She was done crying herself to sleep at night wondering who he was with, what they were doing and how long it's been going on.

Was it Ashley? Kelly? Maybe it was Victoria again, for the fifth time.

She sniffed looking down at her marked up arms, gently running her hands over the scarred skin. She bit her lip, to stop it from trembling, leaning back to stare at the moon.

"So beautiful," she thought, "much like myself. Even with all the craters on its surface the moon continues to shine bright." Lowering her head she stared down at her thighs, constantly rereading the word 'broken' that she carved into her skin a year ago.

She was confliced and utterly frustrated. She came to this cliff to fall over the edge, to leave this world called life, yet, here she sat, crying over a boy that didn't deserve anything from her. Not her forgiveness, her kindness, her patience, nor her love and affection.

A boy so beautiful on the outside, but so hideous on the inside. His physical appearance screamed sex with his muscly muscles, sharp jaw, and killer green eyes beneath his long, coal lashes. A smile so bright the sun became jealous. A laugh so soft, and cute it put a kitten's sneeze to shame. Lips so soft his kisses were intoxicating, addicting, left you begging for more.

"Stupid!" She screamed, slapping herself upside the head. How dare she think so beautifully of him. The boy that broke her heart. The boy that bruised her body. The boy who shattered her self esteem. The boy who made her cut to ease the pain...

The boy who once made her smile...

Who once made her laugh...

Who once made her feel safe...

She cried loudly into the night, her entire being shaking. No matter how wrong he did her she'd always forgive him. No matter how many beatings she had to take. No matter how many times he cheats. No matter how many cuts she makes on herself she knows she'll always stand by his side.

Why?

Because she loves him... and deep, deep down in her fragile heart... she still believes he loves her too.

Because love makes you do and believe crazy things...