chapter 12

Vote, fan, and comment please! Let me know what you think! Hate it or love it!

"How could you?" A faint voice called out to me, though looking around, I noticed I was alone in some random field.

"Hello?" I felt my eyes tear up as everything died. All the life drained out of everything, it was like time sped up, but I was stuck. "Who's there?" I spun around, almost fearful of the answer.

"You've forgotten me already, Gryffin?" The voice, now directly infront of me, made me jerk back and trip over my own two feet, making me noticed I was barefoot and in my pajamas.

"Jacoby?" I gasped, looking up at his ghostly face.

"How could you Gryffin?" He asked tearfully. "We needed you."

"No," I sobbed, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" I reached out to him only for him to fade away as he reached for me.

"Gryffin!" He called.

"LION! Don't leave me! Please!" I struggled to get up and run after him, but I wasn't going anywhere.

"Gwen!....Gwen!"

"Jacoby..." I moaned, "Please..."

"Gwendolyn! " I opened my watery eyes to find Lily's bright green eyes staring back at me. "It was just a dream. That's all."

"it-it felt- s-s-so real." She hugged me closely.

"I know it did, but it wasn't." She whispered in my ear, rubbing my back gently. "You know," She whispered after a while, "Jacoby would really want you to move on. I'm not saying forget about him, but he wouldn't mind you being happy."

I could only nod as I wiped my tears away. "Lily."

"Yes, Gwen?"

"Thanks."

"Anytime."

"Why don't you go on back to sleep? I'm sure you have a test tomorrow."

"What about you?"

"I'm gonna go downstairs for a bit and read. Don't worry, I won't leave the common room." She nodded and slipped back into her own bed as I tiptoed down the staircase.

"Lynxie?" I groaned in response and cuddled into the couch a little more. "Lynx-"

"guys? Let her sleep. She's had a rough night."

"What happened?" James whispered.

"She had a nightmare." Lily yawned. "Where were you?"

"Got hungry." They boys said.

"Boys." She sighed, "Just go to bed, we all have to be up in a few hours."

Lily started up the stairs and with a few concerned looks at eachother and their friend on the couch, the boys started up their own. "Sirius, you coming?" Peter asked.

"No, you guys go ahead."

A small whimper escaped my lips and with a few jerks and a gasp I was rolling to the floor. "No don't!" I cried.

"Lynx- Lynxie! I've got you!" I stopped struggling with my captor, "You're safe. I've got you." He soothed my hair and tried to stop my fearful shivering. "Sh now," He said, "You're fine." He leaned down and kissed my cheek. "You're safe. I've got you."

No, no I wasn't, but I knew I would be. "How- how do you think the teachers will react tomorrow?" I asked softly, trying to think other things.

"About what Lynxie?"

"Our engagement?"

He chuckled a bit and I felt it deep within my bones. "Well, I'm sure It'll be one for the history books."

"....You wanna make it one?" We smiled at eachother, rather mischeiviously, with a gliint in our eyes, but that may have very well been the dying fire in the hearth.

Breakfast came and with it, new topics to talk about.  "Lily, you're obviously Maid of Honor, and I wanted to talk about..." I started talking as we walked to our seats at the Great Hall.

"Well, we plan on having a Halloween wedding," Sirius was talking to the guys, who were already seated at the table.

"What about wedding night mate?" James waggled his eyebrows.

"Unfortunately-"

"That will wait for our honeymoon during Christmas break." I inturrupted.

"Her idea." Sirius mumbled, playing with his food, not bothering to look at the boys, who's eyes were all wide.

"What about Dumbledore? Does he know what you're planning?" Lily asked me.

"Not yet, but I'm working on the details before he gets involved." I said nervously.

"Well, you better involve him quickly because-"

"Ms. Marked, Mr. Black." We both froze before slowly turning around to face him, nervous smiles plastered on both our faces. "I wish to congradulate you both on your engaement-" His blue eyes twinkled like stars as several heads turned and Teachers gasped, choked on food, or spit out drinks, "and would like to see you both in my office after breakfast."

All was silent, so silent, as he walked to his seat at the head table, that we could hear Professor Slughorn telling Professor McGonagall, "That's it. I'm retiring. I can't handle anymore-"

To which she replied, "Oh don't give me that! They adore your class- It's Professor Lakewood I'm worried about." She turned to the Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher as he paled and started shaking, muttering something along the lines: "The horror! The horror!"

I leaned over to Lily, "I think we broke them..."