chapter 8

Hey guys, Dreamer here! I need you guys to know that I need more pranks. I'm horrible with coming up with them on my own. So please, help me out here? Thanks to Ramzly93 for this chapter. For without him, you'd all be waiting 'til the end of the semester for a new chapter. As it is, this one is fairly short. Anyways, enjoy!

"LYNN!!!!" A roar echoed throughout Gryffindor tower, shocking me into an awakened state. I jumped a mile high (almost literally) in my bed- and I wasn't the only one.

"Wha's wif de yellin'?" I scratched my head and yawned as my hand got caught on my rat's nest.

"I wouldn't go down there if I were you." Lily warned, "You've really crossed the line this time. They're extremely mad."

"Crossed the line?" I had no idea what she was talking about. "I haven't done anything wrong!" She gave me a look, "Today." Another- "I've been asleep! I'm good, but even I-" She gave me a death glare, "Oh that was one time! I was hyped up on sweetness! It's not my fault you were still studying in the common room!"

"Lynn!!" Another roar, "We know you're up there!" They did sound pretty mad.... And I wanted to know why, it certainly wasn't my doing... or was it? Did I set something up and forget?- No, I couldn't have. My plans are to AMAZING to forget! They called for me once again as I sat on my bed, trying to rack my brain for an answer.

"You can't hide up there forever!"

I curiously looked at Lily, who had a worried expression on her face, obviously realising I did not do whatever I was accused of as I climbed out of the shadow of my curtains. "I'm not hiding! I have nothing to hide for!" I finally yelled back, grabbing a brush as I did so, taming my long black locks. Their confusion leaked up the staircase and I smiled at their silence.

I passed a mirror on my way to my dresser, putting my hair into a ponytail. I paused in the act and walked backwards as I let my hair fall until I was infront of it again. My scream echoed around and people in Hogsmead covered their ears. I threw some clothes on and tried some spells- but it just wouldn't die!!!

I sat there infront of the mirror, seething. "You can't stay here." Lily whispered, "Class- your match." I glared at her.

"Watch me."

"It's your first one!"

"Well, I can't go like- this!"

"Lynn!!" They roared- even Lily- but Lily was the one who levatated me.

"NOOOOOOOO!" I clawed at the doorframe. "I don't wanna go! I don't wanna go!"

"You have- class!" She pulled at me. "Let go or I'll stuff Ice down your shirt." I let go- not because I wanted to- I got a splinter- and we tumbled down the stairs.

I jumped up, hands on my green hair. "Don't look!" Everyone ignored me and looked. "Look!" I pointed away and everyone turned to look where I pointed and I turned to run up the stairs- only to run straight into Sirius Black's arms. I looked up and saw his hair was just as green as mine and had silver highlights.

I was NOT happy- and everyone knew it. Sirius was the only one who chanced coming near me. Potions class was with the Slytherins and they all jeered and laughed- especially Lucius Malfoy and Snape. My hair would've appeared it's normal color in the dark, dank room if not for the stupid silver streaks that blared like stars.

I saw Snape headed for the potion's storage and walked to him. "I know it was you." He froze at my icy tone. I reached passed him and grabbed the container he had been reaching for, as he was now frozen. "And I will pay you back." I handed it to him, seeing his wide eyes, and sauntered back to my table, leaving him stuttering and pale.

The next hour was very interesting as we found out how our hair changed color. Snape had read ahead. I smiled as I thought of a way to get him back. I thought and wondered, plotted and schemed. And, I managed to change my hair color from green and silver to red and gold. The boys did as well. Every now and then I'd feel eyes on me and I'd look up to find a very wide-eyed Severus. I just smiled and continued my plotting- I mean scheme- thinking! Yeah, I continued my thinking.

At lunch, I just couldn't resist, I took an apple, turned, and stared at him and the Slytherin quittich team. They all squirmed in their seats. "Very nice hair, Ms. Lynn." Professor Dumbledore commented as he passed me.

"Thank you, Sir." I smiled at him as he passed, taking another bite of my apple, my eyes never leaving the Slytherin table.

the match was about to start, James was giving his prep speech, and everything was ready. This was definately going to be a match to remember.

"And the quaffle is passed to James Potter, who dodges a bludger- close call!- flies past Malfoy, and sc- is blocked by R. Black! But- what's this? Potter doesn't- and Charmic scores! Gryffindor- ten points!"

I scoured the pitch, but that golden snitch was prooving elusive. So, I decided to my plan into action. We were a head anyways. I looked for Snape in the stands and psyching out the Slytherin Seeker, I soared towards him, dived, and caused him to fall back, only to break through the bleachers, fall onto the waiting broom, which transformed into a giant bludger on my command, and the boy on top of it to cry out in fear and shock and hang on for dear life as it smashed through the wall and onto the field, staying clear of the actual game.

It took a moment for everyone to see what was going on- and another for everyone to start laughing. I was laughing as hard as anyone as he yowled like a dying cat, so hard I almost missed the snitch as it flew past me to get away from Snape. "AH HAHAHAHAHA- SNITCH!"

"GRYFFINDOR WIN!"

The locker room was a flurry as the Gryffindor got out of their quittich gear. Operation Payback was a go. "Oi! Sirius?!" James called, "What're you doing?"

"Offering my congratulations to the winning team!" I smiled, this was perfect. I didn't think I'd manage to get them both. The boys gave eachother a man hug and then started laughing at Snape's misfortune, apperantly forgetting about.... me.

James was still getting out of his gear when he opened his locker. Sirius' laughter turned to one of shock as he was pushed to the ground with a grunt by a very angry book of monsters. "Get it off! GET THE BLOODY THING OFFA ME! JAMES?!"

"PADFOOT?!" They both struggled with it and I was rolling on the floor laughing, not believing my luck. "Help!" James was tackled now and Sirius was catching his breath, only to have to help Prongs as the book tried to eat his face off and all the other teammates ran out of the locker room in a panic.

"AH! RUN!!!" They ran for the doors- what do yah know? They were locked. Oops. "Alo- JAMES LOOK OUT!"

When I was finally able to catch my breath and pick myself off the floor, I walked calmly to the boys, picked up my satchel, gripped the book, stroked the spine, and put it back in the confines of my bag in a cage. "Yeah, that one was me."

The boys looked at eachother as I walked away. I was at the doors when I heard, "This means war, Sweetheart!" Sirius panted.

"Bring it on, Darlin'."