Chapter 3

Cassie had picked me up and I had been a mess. My maskara was smeared down my face, and my eyes had been all red and puffy. I didn't even need to tell Cassie what happened, because she could predict.

We decided on renting A Walk to Remember, and I was eating some starbucks icecream from the box. I layed my head down on her lap, and I felt a little numb, but I could feel my heart breaking. I had set my mind to Liam, and I secretly had want to meet him all this year. I must sound like a crazed fan, but I actually fell for him before he came super famous. I was drawn to his personality like a moth to a flame. Only to get burned.

He would just go back to Danielle anway. He would forget all about me, and live a happy life. I don't know if I would forget about him.

"Honey, there's a ton of fish in the sea. You will meet someone else," Cassie tryed to comfort me. I felt sorry for her. There was nothing she could trluy say. I let my tears leak, and I knew I ruined her sweatpants.

"I just don't know why it never works out for me," I whispered.

'All my life, I've worked so hard for everything, and I got nothing. Except for you and Australia," I countinued.

"Honey, you're perfect. Someday, I promise things will work out!" She said gleefully.

Cassie's prescenece and voice just seemed to calm me down.

"Don't you worry about going to class tomorrow. I don't think we are doing anything in our classes. It will be Friday, so you can tomorrow and the rest of the weekend off!" Cassie pointed out the bright side.

I nodded, and I just drifted away.

_________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up to my bed and a new pair of clothes. My face was wiped from all the grime, and my hair was put into a bun. Thank god I didn't look how I felt. A mess. I tiptoed downstairs trying to clear my mind. I saw Cassie around the corner on the computer. I made sure I wasn't noticed, and I watched what she was doing. She was being suspicious.

She clicked on to the Youtube bar, and she quickly typed in something that I couldn't see. Suddenly, a video of him showed up.

"Liam Payne! Liam! What are you doing in New York!"

"Where is the rest of your band?"

"Liam where's Danielle!?" Tons of people were shouting at him trying to get a story. Liam paused for a second. No way. Right behind him was Starbucks. No effing way. I wanted to scream. I could be talking to him right now.

Liam finally opened his mouth. I could see his brown eyes looking into the camera, and I almost melted.

"I was going to a meeting, but then it seems it was canceled. Now, I just have to make things right. I'm going back to London first, but I will be headed on the tour in a couple of days!" Liam waved at everyone. What was he talking about? Making everything right?

Cassie closed the link, and was about to get up out of the chair. I quickly padded back to my bed, but I heard the door shut. She must have gone off to class.

I made my way over to her computer, and looked in her history bar. I found what I wanted and I clicked on it. Liam's twitter.

Should have done what's right. Should've taken the advice.

How could he car about someone like me. He was a somebody and I was a nobody. He had a perfect and beautiful girlfriend. We both just needed to forget each other, because it wouldn't ever work out. Things like that just don't happen to people like me.

I made my way to the mail slot, and I picked through a couple of letters. Bill, Bill, Bank of America, Bill, Oh ya Victoria's Secret, and I paused looking at the last letter. Sydney's Top Class Makeup Artists.

Holy crap. I applyed for that job ages ago. I applied even before I came to Aussie. That company was thes best, and they trained top makeup artists who went to Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus. Holy crap. I applied, but I never imagined on getting in.

See, I decided to pursue my interest on makeup. I'm majoring sociolgy and I'm minoring in beauty. If I got this job that means I could intern all through college, and after I get out I would become a well-known makeup artist.

Calm Len . I told myself. This letter was probably just going to be like

We regret to inform you, blahblahblah.

My Prof. always told me I was great when I worked with makeup, and I sure hope he was right. Okay breathe. Your not going to make it, but that's okay, because it was crazy. Breathe.

I ripped open the later, and I looked at the first line.

Dear Miss Elena Micheals,

We are to inform you.....

I took a deep breathe.

that you have made it into the internship.

HOLY CRAP. I screamed, and I jumped up. I completely forgot about Liam. I was so happy I forgot how to be sad. I, Elena Micheals, was going to be interning as a makeup artist for international stars. That is what was intended for me. Maybe, there wasn't enough time in my life for love.

I rushed into my room, and I started to sing while I hopped in the shower.

"I GOTTA, I GOTTA, I GOTTA POCKET FULL OF SUNSHINE. I GOTTA KNOW, GOTTA KNOW THAT IT'S ALL MINE!"

I hurridly got out of the shower, and I put on some crazy neon jeans, a crop top, and some toms. I blowed dryed my hair, and I did the best makeup on myself. Cat eyes, a bronze glow, and perfectly pink lips. Damn, I was good. I had enough time to make at least three of my other classes. I had to tell Cassie!

I began my ten minute walk, and I began to skip happily. I didn't care who saw. They could be looking at me in Glamour one day. Hey I was getting ahead of myself, but why shouldn't I be proud and excited. I felt like that was the one thing I needed to do with my life. One thing I got right.

As I got on campus, I saw people going from class to class. I saw Cassie in the distance.

"CASSIE!CASSIE!CASASASASCASAS!" I screamed, causing people to look my way. She looked up, and gave me a "what the heck" look.

"CASS GUESS WHAT HAPPENED?"

"What?!" She said all panicky.

"GUESS WHO GOT SYDNEY'S TOP MAKEUP ARTIST!?!?!?"

"NO FUCKING WAY!?"

"YES! I START IN A WEEK! A WEEK!" We both did a crazy hug thing, and it didn't matter to me that people were staring at me.

My classes went by fast, and all I could think about was the internship. I didn't think once about Liam Payne.