chapter fifteen- isn't there a superman to sweep me of my feet?

Switch
Four months later
"Bet you did, you lousy bastard" Buck laughed and shoved Pin to the side.
"Hey she had great tits, what can I say? She wanted me, she got me. " He grinned back jokingly.
"You're right she does have great tits. I've been there, I would know." Hack added and the men all laughed again. It was noon on Sunday, everyone was relaxing after a party we had had the night before. It had fully cleared out in the later hours of the morning.
"Never mind me though, I took it to my room. Let's talk about what Bax got up to in the living room last night" Pin raised his eyebrows at the newly charted brother. The party was thrown for the men that made it in.
Bax looked up from the table with a sly little grin on his face.
"I don't kiss and tell, boys" he laughed throwing his hand over the back of the chair next to him, he looked smug as hell.
"No you don't. You fuck on the couch for everyone to see." Buck called out, laughter from everyone following his words.
"You didn't kiss her either" I followed causing another round of laughter to go off.
"I wouldn't either. I would be worried about where her mouth has been." Hack clamped Bax on the back jokingly.  It had been a wilder than wild night last night and most were still asleep around the place, including the women.
All joking cut off at the sound of a door slamming closed. We turned to watch a tearful, distressed looking Millie, who looked a little rough from both last night and whatever had gone down this morning, storm through the room out to the front. Silence surrounded us before Cut rushed through the room hopping from leg to leg as he tried pulling on trousers.
"Millie!" He called.
"Fuck you!" She screamed and as a unit we all rose to our feet following them outside. We arrived as she turned and shoved him away.
"What did you do?" She screamed, tears rushing down her face. I'd never in my life seen her so broken looking. He reached to grab her again but she quickly avaded him, stumbling backward and almost falling in the process.
"Careful!" he exclaimed. Catching herself she rose to her full height and stared in disbelief at her husband. Neither of them were aware of the five men who had taken up anchor behind Cut.
"Careful?" She laughed bitterly. She was beyond hysteria. "You're telling me to be careful?" She demanded. He didn't answer, he simply stared at her and although I couldn't see his face, his posture looked defeated. He was threading on thin ice.
"I-" he started raising his hands as if in surrender but before he could say anything she lunged forward and shoved him, slamming her fists into his chest and pushing him backwards. He wrapped his arms around her but he made no attempt to stop the continuous slamming of her fists against his chest.
"What did you do? What did you do? What did you do?" She demanded through tears over and over again. Buck stepped forward and pulled her, dragging her backward as she clawed at his arms.
"Shhh stop Mill, stop" he tried to sooth her. Cut didn't move, he just continued to stare at her in pain.
"Get off me!" She screamed so loudly it felt like it pierced my eardrums. I saw all the men winced at the ravaged pain in her voice. With a great heave she broke from Bucks arms and backed away from us all towards her car.
"She was mine! How dare you? Don't come near me, Luke! Fuck you" she cried out before running for her car and getting in. Cut didn't move as she left skid marks trailing away from the compound. Cut didn't move at all.
"What just happened?" Pin spoke up sounding puzzled.
"She got a call." Cut said back simply but nothing about it was simple. Discomfort clear across his face as he swallowed and looked toward me. "She knows about Aine." he finished and ice ran down my spine. I felt the men shift uneasily.
Aine.
A name I hadn't heard in over three months, and that's only because eventually Millie stopped asking about her when she wasn't getting answers. A girl we didn't know was alive or dead, all we knew was that she was gone.
"I don't know. She just went quiet, said Aines name, looked at me like I had just broken her world and then ran" he said. No one spoke after that. We stood around offering support without getting near Cut, something about him was telling us to give him space.
Slowly the men filtered into the house, but Cut never moved for a long time and when he did, he got in his car and drove away.

"Pin, you put your finger in that sauce one more time and I'll chop it off." I watched Tara call without turning toward Pin who was leaning over the counter frozen with his finger in his mouth, caught in the act. Slowly he smiled, settling back into his chair.
"You've got the best cooking, Tara. I can't help it." he grinned and she smiled over her shoulder at him.
"You need a woman to take care of you." she laughed waving her wooden spoon at him. He spread his arms wide.
"You find me the right one and I'll take her." he said back grinning.
"Go out and find her yourself. Oh and sweetie, you need to look further than the next girl that sits on your lap." she said and he winked at her.
"I don't mind the girls that sit on my lap though" he joked and she laughed.
"Hopeless." Tara shaking her head at him. Over their banter the sound of screeching tires came. Then a door banging against a wall followed and we turned to watch Cut storm into the kitchen a furious look on his face. Growling he shook his head at us in disgust before stalking down the hall to his room where we heard another door bang. Silence followed and Tara began to talk.
"What-" she started but spoke too soon as we heard a furious roar before the sound of things being thrown and shattered came. Rising from my chair, Pin and I made our swift way down the hall and slammed into Cuts room to duck instantly as a drawer flew toward our heads. He didn't stop he kept tearing his room apart.
"Brother! Stop man!" Pin yelled over the chaos. Cut didn't stop. He tore the blinds from the wall and stomped them into the floor. Buck joined us at the door.
"Fucking hell" he whispered out. Jumping forward I wrapped my arms tight and restraining around his chest and he instantly focused on fighting me. Buck joined me, we pinned him to the ground yelling over his roars at him to calm down. It took four of us to finally immobilising him. Slowly, what seemed like forever, tiredness began to wane on him. He began to calm, breathing deeply his body coiled tight.
"Let me up" he growled.
"You going to stay chilled?" Pin asked. Cut nodded briskly. Slowly we all releazed him and he rose to his feet before collapsing to sit on the bed. Silence hung in the room as we watched him.
"She's left" he whispered out. We all froze.
"Millie?" Pin said in disbelief. My chest began to hurt.
"She left and she took Fiachra. I got home and everything was gone. She left a note. All she said was she needs time" he croaked out, "She's gone." he whispered before he broke down. I'd never seen Cut break before and I hoped to god in my entire life I never see it again. He leaned forward and rested his head in his hands before his shoulders began to shake. It didn't take a genius to know he was crying. I heard a swift intake of breath and turned to see Pin hustling a shocked and torn Tara from the room. Her hands covered her mouth as teaes rushed her eyes. Hank followed and closed the door behind him.
"We'll get her back." I said to him, my voice not confident. Slowly his head rose to look at me, his face causing me to wince.
"Yeah? Are you going to get her best friend back too?" He said, a comment that would be been harsh if he didn't sound so empty. I winced again.
"She took my child. I just got them back! Everything had been okay..." He trailed off before he lay back on the bed and threw his arm over his eyes.
"Brother-" I started and he shook his head.
"Just leave. Just leave. " he said and unsure of what to do I slowly make my way from the room, Buck moving with me. Outside the room we were silent.
"He won't recover from this. If she doesn't come back." Buck said.
"We'll get her back." I said again stupidly, knowing that the situation was beyond fucked up. Buck shook his head pissed off at me.
"Yeah? I think maybe this time you should stay out of this." With that Buck turned and walked away down the hall. Putting my back against the wall, I slid to sitting staring at Cuts door and the drawer from his room lying abandoned on the floor. A picture of Millie and him on their wedding day stared back mockingly at me.
Fucking hell.