Undiscovered Origins - Chapter 37

A/N:

Woah, I must be serious about finishing this. I've already posted another chapter. Seriously though, I've been trying to get "The Crimson Claymore" published to no success. I have a long list of rejections. I'm trying to get "The Chronicles of Starlyn" edited so I can try and set it up as an ebook. I'm trying to finish this novel so I can try and pitch it to agents. Basically - I need editing... and I'm too poor to do it.

I need $800 to have "The Chronicles ff Starlyn" professionally edited.

I need $2000 to have "The Crimson Claymore" edited.

I have started a kickstarter account - trying to ask for my fans to help donate. All I would need is $1 from each of my fans... and with 5300 fans... I could have the money to have both of those novels edited as well as this one when finished....

However.... I've only had $1 donated to me on kickstarter.com ... so I don't see me rasing enough for me to hire a professional editor so I can have a better leg to stand on to get published. Which means you may never see me write book # 3 to "The Crimson Claymore" - because I refuse to touch it until I can get published.

So if you have an extra dollar, check out my profile - I could use the help~

-

Chapter 37:

            Jade looked around at the carnage that surrounded her. Bodies of half-breeds were piled up and set aflame. Jade watched in horror as the bodies of those she once thought to be friends turned to ash. There were only two others she felt she could trust. Both had gone out of their way to save her life. Drake and Stargazer sat on each side of her, staring at the blazing fire. Neither spoke when they piled the bodies to burn, and neither spoke now. All watched in silence at the rise and fall of flames.

            Only the three of them remained. All of Stargazer’s brothers left back to the wilderness when the battle came to a conclusion. The only other around them was the bound figure of Caldwell who had now been tied to a tree. He didn’t move much except for the steady rise and fall of his chest as he slept. Jade wasn’t quite sure what to do with him, but knew he had kindness and compassion inside of him after the night they shared under the stars. She felt unsure what Drake would do when he found out about that, and she debated with herself whether she wanted to tell him yet.

            Since Drake returned he seemed to be all the things she desired so much. He didn’t act an ass to her in his usual, but instead showered her with compassion. He seemed to treasure her in such a way she had never known. As they sat she could feel the warmth from the fire as well as from Drake’s hand that laced with hers.

            Somehow the touch from him made her feel complete like no other touch could. She could not explain it. Her heart seemed to leap trees everything he touched her. Even all the passion Caldwell and she shared that night couldn’t compare to a simple touch fro Drake. She could only imagine the way she would feel with a moment of shared passion.

            However, she wasn’t ready for that shared passion yet – despite how much she craved it. She had made a mistake with Caldwell. It was too soon to share herself with someone like that – especially Caldwell, whom she barely knew. Even with Drake, in her heart, she felt it was too soon. She wanted – no – she needed more than a connection with him; she needed more than the burning desire to be with somebody. That had been her mistake with Caldwell, she had wanted affection from somebody so much that she caved in at the first who gave her the complete affection she wanted. Affection was not what she needed, what she needed was love.

            Love – it was such a strange word for her, after all – what is love? Love was a word that seemed to seldomly be used in the correct way. Many people could replace the word love with care for and never know the better. Jade noticed the ways which the word was misused during her time in the circus. The only correct version she found of it was family. Family loved each other in such a way that they would do anything for each other. That love was what she desired – what she needed in order to give herself to Drake.