Undiscovered Origins - Chapter 32

Chapter 32:

            Jade shivered at the breeze that tickled her body like a feather caressing her belly button. Cold bumps covered her body and she realized that her skin was bare and tied tightly with thick ropes. Fidgeting only caused rope burns against her soft skin and tears welled in her eyes. Looking around she noticed she was trapped in Marshall’s home and continentally tied to his bed. She struggled with more passion now in an attempt to get out of the bed.

            “Not so hasty Jade.” Came a cold fierce voice.

            She turned and saw Marshall stalking up to the bed hooves clattering against the wooden floor. He had a wry smile upon his face and she struggle underneath him. His hooves stepped over his bed until his upper body was close to hers. He brushed his hands against her gentle face and tugged her hair out of her eyes.

            “We haven’t even begun to have fun yet.” Marshall grinned.

            “What have you done with Caldwell!” Jade snapped.

            “Aww… are you missing your love? He is in good hands. Soon he will be broken. As will you.” He said excitedly.

            “He is not my love. What is everyone being trained for?” Jade demanded.

            “Ah… you see, the humans are seeking all of us half-breeds out and exterminating us. We shall not let them, instead we are going to rise against them and exterminate them all.” He smirked.

            “And… Drake… knows of this…” Jade whimpered.

            Laughter echoed throughout his place causing the flutter of birds to scatter away from the outside of his home. “Drake knows nothing. He is too noble and so he is only a retriever. He is seeking all of the half breeds and bringing them to us. His ignorance is heartwarming for us all.”

            “You will not get away with this!” Jade screamed.

            “Oh but I will - and I will do it with you at my side. Soon you will see things my way, but first, before I corrupt you I will claim you as mine….” He snickered.

            His hands stroked her naked flesh as a smirk glued to his face and eyes lit up excitedly. Jade attempted to scream but he shoved a thick scarf down her throat. He positioned his horse body on top of hers in such a way that she could not slip away. Pain tore at her body, heart, and soul as he didn’t hold back. Tears clouded her vision and she closed her eyes whimpering in agony.  

            Jade’s eyes opened for an instant trying her best not to pay attention to his features or body. She noticed the long oak hilt of a dagger on his sash tied around his waist where his human top half met his lower horse half. There was no way she could reach it with her hands bound so she closed her eyes and focused on it. She could feel the power of the oak in her hands and soon she felt the rough texture of it. Quickly she sliced the thick rope freeing her arms and Marshall noticed and quickly tried to hold her arms down. He wasn’t able to keep her for long after she sliced at his arms causing him to jump back off the bed. Jade finished slicing all of her ropes and jumped up holding the dagger blade facing Marshall.

            “Careful Jade… you’re making a huge mistake.” He quivered.

            “The only mistake I’ve made was being too trusting!” Jade shrieked.

            She lunged forward slicing Marshall’s chest and he backed away growling. From the corner of her eye she saw her wooden scimitar in the corner of the room. Throwing the dagger towards Marshall she rushed for it, feeling relieved when it rested in her hands. Turning around she saw Marshall almost to her with dagger in hand.  His hand was bloody from where he had caught it by the blade but he wasn’t injured badly. She angled the scimitar thrusting the back of her arm upwards at Marshall slicing through his neck. There was a large grunt before he tumbled to the ground in a thud. She nudged his stiff body but it remained lifeless.

            Jade searched the messy home for clothes and came across her green silk gown that she thought lost which she swiftly changed into and attached her sash onto it. She sheathed her scimitar in its scabbard and danced out the door. The words of Marshall echoed through her mind of the innocence of Drake. I must find Drake… he will know what to do. She thought as she dashed through the forest.