Chapter 17

I don't believe it

The wolf just transformed into the injured body of Finley

Oh no

I step back, in shock, Finley immediately rushing away from my grasp. He's scratched up but seems okay. He has a look of surprise on his face and won't take his eyes off of my own.

Before I can do anything, he's quickly on his feet running to the wolf I first injured.

"Zeke, get up!" he says, leaning over the first wolf.

Zeke? No, not him too!

I glance at the unmoving third wolf. Who could that be?

Turning back towards Finley, I watch him shake the wolf. The wolf stirs as it's moved around, beginning to stretch out. It's head lifts slightly, it's eyes locking onto my own.

Does he know?

I look down at myself to notice I'm still in wolf form. They don't know who I am.

I need to get away from them.

I can tell Finley is surprised I let him go so easily, so hopefully, they'll just let me go.

I back away slowly and eventually turn around entirely. As I slip into the shadows I freeze hearing a growl. I turn around and connect eyes with the first injured wolf. He sees my wolf figure retreating and gets up slowly.

Before I can react he charges at me, Finley getting lost behind him. The last thing I remember is being hit with a turbulent force strong enough to shake a building.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Wake it up!"

I am shaken roughly, my wolf body trembling under strong arms.

I open my eyes to find myself back in the safe house, laying in a corner of the rusty room

Around me stands Finley, Zeke, and James, looking disheveled and furious. Finley has red scratch marks on his body, tinged with blood. I look over at Zeke and see his head wrapped in a bandage. I'm not sure where Isaiah is.

"Where is she! Where did your pack take her!" Zeke yells at me, closing me in further into the corner.

I shake my head, confusion spreading throughout my shaking body.

In all honesty, I have no idea who to trust. If Zeke and Finley are wolves, does that mean Isaiah is one too? Does James know about them being wolves?

"Where did you take Eden!? She was right here! Speak wolf!" James says.

Oh, that's right, they don't know it's me.

I try to shift into human form but for some reason, my body won't let me. Maybe it's because I don't have enough room.

"SHIFT!" Finley says approaching me, I show my teeth telling him to back off. There's no way I can shift with them yelling at me.

They don't seem to understand my message, only closing in tighter. BACK UP!

All of a sudden my head starts pounding and stars start darting in and out of my vision. I can feel my blood rushing through my body and pressure beginning to build underneath my skin.