Chapter 9

POV- Baylor

I'm in awe of my mate.

Her hair is beautiful and contrasts perfectly with her bright green eyes. She's breathtaking. I would do anything for her, which is probably why I jumped to save her yesterday.

My heart had almost stopped when she said she would rather be dead than be with me. I would do anything for her, if only she knew.

 After she woke up, she was angry, I didn't know what to do. This is common among many of the women we find, but eventually, they adjust. I'm going to have to keep an eye on her if I don't want her running away.

"Baylor?" 

Andrew enters my office.

"What is it, Andrew?"

"The doctor says Eden's up and cleared to leave the infirmary if you want."

"Alright, let's go get her"

Andrew and I head downstairs towards the pack infirmary. We have a total of three doctors and multiple nurses, but I specifically asked Doctor Matthew to help with Eden. He had helped me a lot during the years and I trust him the most. 

He told me that I had managed to break Eden's fall, but she still suffered some minor injuries. He had kept her overnight to make sure she was going to be stable enough to move around. I wanted to wait with her, but the doctor said I was making her anxious and it would be best if I gave her time to sleep.

When we get into the infirmary, I see Eden still strapped down on the cot. It pains me to see her like this, but I had to make sure she's safe.

"Hey sweetheart"

At the sound of my voice, her head snaps over at me, complete loathing in her eyes. She can't ignore the feelings between us forever, eventually, she'll have to realize the connection.

I cautiously approach her, not wanting to send her into a panic. 

"The doctor says you're good to leave Eden. Now I'm going to undo the straps and you're going to come with me, understood?"

She only turns her head away from me and remains silent.

The werewolf tendencies in me want to lash out, to punish her. I decide, for her sake, to take a deep breath and try again.

"Eden, you're going to come with us, ok?"

Silence.

Calm down, we don't want to scare her.

My breathing increases and I can feel my werewolf side taking over. Andrew must sense this because he quickly grabs my arm and pulls me away from my mate.

*What's going on with you?* Andrew asks me through mind-link. Mind-link is a way of communicating with other werewolves mentally.

*I can't stand her ignoring me*

*Can I give it a try?*

I nod, hoping anything Andrew says can convince my mate to come with me.

"Hey um, Eden?" Andrew says, staying a good distance away from her. "You can either come with us or stay here, tied down."

When she finally turns to face us, I see only burning hatred in her eyes, "I'd rather stay here than go anywhere with you," she says, directly to me.

I can't stand this. Suddenly my frustration takes over and I'm rushing over to her.

"You don't have a choice"

And with that, I undo the straps on her, keeping one hand against her shoulder so she can't run. She screams and curses at me, but I ignore her. 

I take her into my arms gently, but still maintain a strong grip since she is struggling so much against me. Andrew follows us upstairs, only a few paces behind us.

"I HATE YOU!" She screams and kicks at me almost making me trip and fall. She's one heck of a fighter.

I bring her into a spare bedroom upstairs with no windows or anything else she could use to escape. I don't trust her alone. 

Andrew locks the door as we go in, then stands in front of it in case my mate decides to run. With her injuries, though, I would be surprised if she had any strength left to run.

"Stop fighting Eden"

"Never"

I place her in the bed but keep a firm grip on her wrist. She struggles against me so I quickly tie her wrist to the bedpost with a thick rope I had brought for this purpose.

She gasps in shock, realizing what just happened.

"You can't keep me here!"

"Oh yes I can"

She goes quiet again, seeming to be contemplating her next move.

"You know, Eden, it's not so bad being mated to an alpha, things could've been a lot worse for you."

She stays silent but glares hatefully at me.

Why is my mate like this?

Feeling discouraged, I stand up and leave my mate's side.

"I hope you'll learn to accept the situation you're in, Eden. You're only making things harder on yourself."

I storm out, immediately mind-linking Andrew,

*You stay outside the door. Make sure my mate does not escape*

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

POV- Eden

I hate him, I hate him.

After leaving me tied up, Baylor leaves me alone in the plain room. As soon as he's gone, I start furiously pulling on the rope around my wrist. Not only has it been tied extremely tightly, the rope scratches and cuts at my skin.

I hate him, I hate him.

I need to escape

I look around for anything sharp, that could possibly get me out of here. Seeing nothing within reach, I use the first thing that comes to mind. My teeth.

I chew at the rope, feeling like an animal. Almost like a werewolf. I chuckle at myself but continue to work thoroughly, only stopping to take shallow breaths. 

I hate him, I hate him.

I work silently, guessing Baylor left someone outside my door to keep me from leaving. If I make too much noise and someone finds out, who knows what Baylor would do.

I hate him, I hate him.

I work continuously not wanting to be caught. My teeth start hurting more and more, and eventually I need to take a break. I'm just about to get to get started again when all of a sudden the door swings open.

"Eden, I brought you food..."

Oh Crap

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Yay for chapter 9! Fun fact of the day: there's been readers from a total of 23 countries so far who have read this book. That's so cool! A special thanks to all the international readers!

As always, thanks for reading,

-Allinall126