.Chapter 3

"Please stay." he said looking into my eyes. It's wierd but for a second I wanted to stay. Then I thought about the fact that I don't know what the Hell I'm going to do about my sister, Charlie, and this guy-Stone. His eyes where sweet, calm, and desperate. No! What am I thinking. The fact is that Stone is a vampire. I would never fall in love with a vampire, but Stone is different. Even his name is strong, Stone.

"Sorry. I...uhh..I really have to go, bye Stone." I said pretending I have no feelings for him. Right when I got to the door he said.

"Can I a least give you a ride?" He asked. I turned around and reluctently said

"Sure. How far are we from...." I can't him where I live.

"Your apartment? About five miles."he said. Ohh, i guess he already knows where I live.

We got in his car and he drove me back to the apartment. I noticed Nic looking out the window when I pulled up. Before I got out of the car two word came out of my mouth that I never exspected

"Thank you."

"Anytime."he said smiling and walking around and opening my door. I stepped out and looked at Nic in the window.

I walked to the apartment, took a deep breath, and opened the door.

"Emma!" yelled Charlie as he ran to hug me.

"hey Charlie." I said

"What did you have a sleepover with lover boy over their." Nic said motioning the where I was dropped of.

"He just gave me a ride." I lied. "I got information on tons of vamps."

"Well. That is fantastic" Sky said with fake enthusiasum "I think, we should get some food." she turned to face me "Emma, why don't we go to the gorcery store?"

"Sure" Anything to get out of this conversation.

We walked out the door, and where on our way to a conveniant store close by.

"So who is the stud-muffin that dropped you off?" she asked.

"Stone Bradely. He's a vampire." I said. Waiting for shock to grow in her face.

"Why where you in his car?"I should have exspected that question.

"It's a long story."

"We have tons of time."she said

"Late last night I couldn't sleep, so I took a walk. I got lost, and found a starbucks. When I walked in everyone starred. I

know now that they where all vampires."

"Vampires in Starbucks?" she laughed

"Yeah. Well. I was about to grab my drink when Mattew grabbed me."

"The Matthew?"

"Yeah. Then Stone saved me."

"The stud-muffin?"

"He took care of me, and I woke up in his house. He invited us to dinner."

We walked into the store and there he was-Stone standing there with a smile

"Is this Sky? The one that was 'gonna have a cow'?" he said.

"Yes, and you realise that if your hurt any one of us you'll be in deep doo-doo. So, don't press your luck." she said and I was a little imparresed, but it was completely true.

"I know." he said "So, how about our date?"

"What about it?" I said.

"You promised me a date." he said with a smile.

I didn't forget about our date, but it would be better if I did.

"Alright, this is wierd for me. I'm gonna go." Sky said with a forced smile as she continued to walk into the store.

"How about we take a walk." Stone said

"Okay, fine... I guess." I said and we began to walk.

Being next to him was like nothing was wrong in the world. Other then the fact that my goal in life is to kill him, I thihk I might...well...No. Love?

We walked a while in silence, looking around at the people walking in the streets.

Then Stone said

"Maybe we can work this out."

"Work out what specificly?"

"Us. You and me. Everything that i...uh..." Stone trailed off.

"Everything you..what?" I said, I guess guys have trouble talking about thier feelings even in the afterlife.

"Felt, it was like no one could take you away from me. When Matthew touched you....I wanted to rip his head off, but things are more complicated then that." Stone said with passion and then anger.

"Complicated?" I asked, he wasn't leaving me without and explaination.

"I have a blood pact with him." he said as if that would explain everything.

"I'm in the dark." I said truthfully.

"A blood pact is when a vampire and another being share blood- basicly it's like an unbrakable contract. If you break it, you die."

"Dark stuff." I said hoping to lightin up the moment a little, even though there was pain in his eyes. "What was the conprimise?"

"I was a young vampire, stupid. He knew I would one day grow stronger. The comprimise was that: he wouldn't kill my family, if I work for him."

"Well, your family is gone know, right? So he has no leverage?" I guessed

"No, I told you.. I would be killed if I disobey the contract. And I would be fine with that, but if I dye I can't pretect you." he said looking into my eyes.

"I can take care of myself." I said a little offended, but maybe a little fuzzy inside.

"I know, that's what I love about you. Your strong, smart, and beautiful." wow, he was a smooooth talker, and hot too:)

We turned around to walk back.

"What do you do for him?" I asked, wondering if I really want the answer.What if he was the one who killed my family, he wouldn't.

"Watch people who mean something to Matthew. Mostly I watch you."

"Ooh, I've got a stalker." I laughed and even got a bit of a smile back.

We where almost back.

"Maybe I'll see you tomorrow?" he asked "I promise I'll tell you everything."

"You better." I smiled.

Then he gave me a kiss on the forehead. That was a little wierd more me, and I did something a little stupid. I touched his lips with mine, and it was the best kiss I've ever exsperienced. Well, my first kiss was with Nic and it sucked 'cause I have no feelings for him, That was a mistake, but this kiss with Stone was as if it where meant to be. Everything was perfect until reality checked in.

"I have to go back, everyone is worried about me. I have to figure out some things." I whispered

"I'll walk you back." Stone said