Mr. Magic

Vote and Comment, I'll love you for it.

************************************************************************************************************

I stare at the Henderson mansion in awe tucking a strand of my red brown hair behind my ear. I'm here for a party but it looks more like the place is waiting for an eighteenth century massacre.

The entire castle had been shipped from Europe brick by brick because Aaron Henderson, the snob who is hosting the party; his dad has a hobby. He collects antique buildings. The perks of being stinking rich, I guess.

It certainly looks the part tonight, standing forlorn in the middle of the green lawn with lights that look like torches and banners flapping from the turrets. If I ignore the cars flashing their lights behind me I can almost believe I'm in medieval Europe or maybe Game of Thrones.

For some reason its really freaking me out. I'm hyper aware of my body, goosebumps prickling my skin, I swear somebody is watching me.

There's a rustling behind me.

I freeze turning around slowly, my hand clutching the smooth rock in my pocket. Don't ask me why I have a rock in my pocket, I put in a lot of random things and forget about it. I'm about to chuck it in the bushes when I hear a high pitched feminine whisper, a little patch of hair is visible in the moonlight; shining platinum blonde. "Thank god" I mutter to myself "I didn't want to give someone a brain hemorrhage"

I pocket the rock and walk towards the wooden double doors. Its not like I haven't been here before. My parents are best buds with the Hendersons. I used to practically spend every weekend here before Aaron and I moved to high school and he became an ultimate prick.

I'm about to enter the darkened hall that leads inside when a hand grabs my shoulder.

I twist around, ready to perform some serious kung fu but its only the security guy.

He squints at me with his black, beady eyes. His meaty hand releases me from its grip and he runs his fingers through the greying stubble on his cheeks. I give him a haughty look, my chin tilted to one side.

"May I see your invitation please, ma'am?"

Wait what? A giggling brunette leaning on her dates arm passes us by and he doesn't even look at her. What is it about leather jackets that immediately paints you as a criminal?

"You didn't ask her." I object pointing at the entrance.

"Ma'am?" he repeats, holding out his hand.

"Hey! Just because I wear Gothic makeup does'nt mean I'll blow up the place!"

He seriously looks like he's going to catapult me beyond the wall so I fish in my pocket and hand him the crumpled piece of paper. The only reason I have it is because of my mom. I swear, she has some uncanny intuition.

I snatch it from him after he's stared at it for a good thirty seconds and strut in like I freaking own the place. Yeah, damn right; I didn't forge it. I'm not that desperate.

"Doraida Reed" he calls suddenly, making me jump. Get a grip Reed. I stop, tilting my head towards him.

"Don't talk to strangers." I frown at him and nod awkwardly. This is just weird.

I shake the thought away, maybe I remind him of his daughter or something.

My first job after joining the party will be to find Carla. I remember in fourth grade when Carla was sick . It was Tania Slovenski's birthday party and I somehow managed to make the chandeliar explode. Apparently, I didn't realize randomly launching marbles was not a good idea. No wonder no one invites me to parties in general.