Be Mine ✓

C H A P T E R . S E V E N

Three weeks, three more dates, and about ten more drawn-on Sedici to-go cups later and Thomas is sure he is starting to fall in love. Cara's bubbly personality, her contagious laugh, her dimpled smiles, her sparkling eyes, her goofiness—everything about her is just so charming and lovable and Thomas just can't handle not being around her for far too long. Her visiting The Attic has probably increased and she spends a lot of her time in the little coffee shop, studying or hanging out with Thomas and Levi.

And speaking of Levi, he and Josefine are much closer now than they were before and Thomas and Cara definitely ship it.

As for Thomas's painting, he had finished it on the Sunday right after his first date with Cara. She was right, he needed more inspiration and the trip to the park wasn't the only thing that inspired him; Cara did as well. After painting the scene he had experienced in the thicket of trees, he spent days painting the image of Cara with the sun illuminating her face and the soft smile on her lips and the sparkle of her hazel eyes. Thomas made sure it was perfect.

Wednesday afternoon of the sixth week they've known each other, Cara and Thomas lie side by side on Thomas's bed in his little flat. The telly in front of the bed is turned off, the curtains are drawn, the room is slightly dim. They do nothing but lie there with Thomas's arm around Cara's shoulders and Cara's head leaning on Thomas's shoulder.

"What do you reckon we do for the rest of the day?" Thomas asks, burying his face into Cara's hair. Cara had arrived in his flat two hours ago and at first they spent an hour trying to cook in the kitchen (and failing miserably) then they spent another hour just going through all of Thomas's paintings and drawings. Except, Cara still hasn't seen the painting of her.

Which reminds Thomas that he probably should show it.

Before Cara could answer his question, Thomas says again, "Oh! I've got something to show you."

Cara sits up from leaning on Thomas so he could stand up off the bed. He goes to his closet to pull out the painting he had hidden there before turning back around to face the bed and find Cara lying down again, her arms and legs sprawled out. Thomas jumps onto the space beside her, making her squeal in surprise. Thomas laughs as he spreads his legs over hers and holds the canvas in a way that the back faced her. "Come on, sit up!" Thomas pulls her up gently by the arm and Cara groans in response.

Finally, Thomas turns the painting around to show Cara the image of the side of her face, staring into the sunset with the orange light illuminating her fair skin. Cara's mouth falls agape when she sees the painting.

"Wow..." She breathes out. "I thought you were making a landscape painting?"

Thomas laughs. "I did! I made this after I finished the other one. I showed you the landscape painting, remember?"

Cara reaches out and takes the canvas from Thomas's grasp. "You are really great at this, you know?" She traces the image with her finger, admiring the beauty of the artwork. The brush strokes, the colors—it's a masterpiece. She almost feels like she's back in the park, feeling the breeze, soaking in the last bit of warmth from the sun, smiling at the beauty of the view.

"Thank you." Thomas says, placing a hand on the left side of Cara's head and pulling her closer to him. He gives her a little kiss on the right side of her head, making her turn so his lips land on her forehead.

"Let's head to The Attic," Cara whispers onto his neck. "I'd love some Caramel latte in a doodled-on Sedici cup." Thomas grins at that and hugs her tighter which, in turn, makes Cara wrap her arms tighter around his waist. Despite having said they would head to the coffee shop where they first met, they sit on the bed with their arms wrapped around each other, holding each other and savoring the moment.