Twelve

* Kris *

One, I can't imagine this day could get any worse.

The sun, the sweat, and the company is just plain terrible.

Two, this is by far, the most awkward position I've ever been in.

Chris and Alex smooching on the other side, while the rest of us are struggling on building this raft for this stupid game Elaine set up just because she wants to flirt with her boyfriend.

Anyway, surprisingly, Evan has been completely flirty-free, well, except for the constant arguments with Ira, which makes me think there'd be a little something going on between the both of them once this camp is over.

"Seriously Evan, why are you so hard headed??" Ira grunted for the nth time.

"Me?? What about you? I told you the rope is supposed to be tied on the right side!" Evan sighs.

"Nu uh, you were the one who insisted on tying it on the left!"

"No, I didn't!!"

"Yes, you did!"

And it goes on.

I fixated myself on fetching more wood, when I felt someone beside me.

"Hi." It was Gabe, flashing his nobel prized smile.

"Hi." I smiled back.

"Need help?" Gabe asked, trying to get the wood from me.

"No, it's fine," I replied, but he still took it away from my hands. "Thanks," I muttered shyly, feeling the blush creep to my cheeks.

"Chrissss ! Hihihihi stop that!" I rolled my eyes at the voice.

"Ugh, why are we the only ones doing this raft while they get to make out shamelessly?" I groaned, making Gabe cheekily smirk at me.

"So, are you telling me, you want to make out shamelessly too?" There was a glint of amusement in Gabe's eyes and I blushed realizing how my question sounded.

"You know that is not what I meant!" I retorted, gaping at him.

"I know, I know." He laughed back, "Say, you want to do something evil?"

"What do you mean?" I quirked back.

"Since those two won't help us then, we probably should make them help us-" There was a teasing tone on his voice and all I did was grin in response.

: Chris :

Okay, kissing Alex was awesome. I love it. She's such a good kisser that it kept me thinking that hey, maybe, I'd really get serious with her.

But alright, I admit, another reason of mine for kissing her is because I really don't want to help build the raft, I mean- if the heat isn't enough, I don't know what is.

I glanced to our other group mates, and well, they seem to be fine with making the raft themselves so let them be.

I was kissing Alex yet again, when suddenly-

* SPLASH *

"Eeeeek!!!" Alex screeched,

I was left stunned when the cold water hit my skin.

"What was that for?!" Alex angrily screamed.

"Well, you guys should be helping with the raft." Gabe answered her coolly.

"You could've just said so. God." Alex says, putting her palm on her forehead in shock. "I don't even have dry clothes with me. Thanks a lot."

Gabe shrugged, taking off his shirt, making Kristen and Alex widen their eyes.