Chapter 3

Today is the day I am going to my grandmothers house. It's hard to think about my future and realize, I don't know where I'm going to be in a few months. Will I stay with my grandma? Who will I meet? What trouble will I go through? Will I even survive the sadness and guilt of my fathers death? All these questions bombarded me, all the what ifs getting to my head. I need to stop. I can't let my past get in my way. My father's dead. It's ok. My mother hates me. It's ok. I have no friends. It's ok. I have no life. It's ok. All these problems I have don't define me. I can be whoever I want to be, right? I still have time to become the real me.

I grab all of the stuff I can fit onto the plane with me. Mostly clothes and a little money. My grandma called yesterday and told me my flight time was at 12:15. So, I would have to leave the house at 11:15. I grab the phone and call a taxi. Telling the driver to pick me up at 11:00 on the dot.

Just in case my mother would try to contact me I decided to leave a note, if she finds it. I grabbed a pen and paper and started writing.

Dear "mother",

         I am leaving for grandmothers. I will stay at her house for a little while and then find a new house. I feel sorry for you. I'm sorry you hate me. You need to realize that I did no wrong. It was not my fault. You should never leave your daughter to be all alone. a mother should always love their child no matter what. You of all people should know that. I hope your life is wonderful. But just remember, I don't need you in my life. The sun still shines even behind the clouds. 

                                   Sincerely,

                                Rachel Steele

I fold the note in half and leave it on the kitchen table. I pick up my bag and wait outside until the taxi comes. Soon after, the taxi comes up the driveway and pulls in front of my house, I open the backseat door and tell the driver to bring me to the airport. He drives down the driveway and into the street. I don't look back. I refuse to. I told myself I would not cry. I'm stronger than this. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, this is my new life, there's no turning back. We pull up to the airport. I pay the driver and thank him. I grab my bag and go into the front doors. I go through security and get my ticket. I then sit down in a seat at my gate. Next thing I know we're boarding the plane. I hand my ticket to the flight attendant and sit in my seat. After I sit down I take out my book and start reading. 2 hours later we arrive at the St. Paul airport. I get off the plane and go find my grandma. She told me over the phone that she would pick me up directly from the airport. I find her and start walking to her, this is the first step to my future.

---------------------------------------------

Thank you everyone for reading this!!! Please get everyone you know to read this! Lets get it to 15 reads!!! Vote, comment and read!!