Chapter 1 - Strange Noise

"Vaughan! Vaughan can you take out the trash?" asked Vaughan's mother. She was busy in the kitchen, cooking dinner. With the stove on and the water boiling in the pot, it was impossible for this adult to leave the room. "Vaughan?!"

Even is she yelled, it seemed her daughter couldn't hear her. "Ugh, she's listening to music again." she muttered. She quickly turned off the stove to by her some time as she grabbed the trash bag filled with garbage and ran up the stairs, knocking on her daughter's door. "Vaughan can you even hear me?!"

As she knocked, the door moved, indicating that it was left open. She entered the room to see a 17 year old girl with light brown hair with purple highlights and blue tips, brown eyes, a brown t-shirt with a white dress shirt over top, a blue skirt, and black leggings. On her head she wore a beats headset, bobbing her head to the music, which was playing a bit loud. Loud enough for her mother to hear at the entrance of her room.

"Vaughan!" her mother yelled.

Only when she waved the trash bag in the air did she catch her daughters attention. Vaughan shook her head with realization, turning down the volume and removing her headphones. "Sup mom?" said Vaughan.

"What's up is that I've been calling you for ten minutes to take out the trash. Answer me when I call you, your headphones were on too loud again." replied her mother as she tossed the bag to Vaughan.

"Why didn't you come up earlier?" asked Vaughan.

"I couldn't because I was making dinner and I didn't want to leave the stove on." answered her mother.

"So if you turned if off just to come get me, isn't the food getting cold?" Vaughan countered.

Her mothers eyes widened as she cursed under her breath, bolting back down the stairs to the kitchen. Vaughan shook her head as she got up from her bed. Sometimes she wondered what her mother would do without her. She took her headphones and set them around her neck, putting her iPhone in her pocket as he picked up the trash bag and headed out of her room.

She walked down the stairs and bolted out the front door, walking over to the side of the house and tossing the bag in the garbage bin. "Now that that's over with." she muttered. Vaughan placed her headphones back on her head and pressed play on her iPhone. Ozzy Osborne's Crazy Train played into her ears as she made her way back into her house.

"Crazy, but that's how it goes

Millions of people living as foes

Maybe its not to late

To learn how to love

And forget how to hate."

"Dinner will be ready soon, so wash up." said her mother.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll do that." replied Vaughan.

She went back up stairs and walked into her private bathroom that connected with her bedroom. As she washed her hands, Crazy Train coming to a close, at the corner of her eye she caught something.

Over at her desk sat her laptop. It sat up right, powered off. Or at least Vaughan thought it was off. The screen came to life and a series of numbers and letters scrolled quickly through the screen. "What the?!" She ran over, nearly tripping to the floor as she grabbed her chair and sat herself down, starring at the screen in shock.

Did someone hack her computer? Was it a virus of some kind? She prayed in her head that her system wasn't crashing. All of her music downloads, school summative and exam notes would be gone if that happened!