Burning Bridges

Chapter 6: Bethany's Point Of View

I was so excited for the Kids Choice Awards! I am still in shock that I was nominated for the best youtuber award. I love my fans. I decided to wear an orange skater skirt and a floral top, with my brown hair curled.

When I got to the awards, I was completely caught off guard when I found myself sitting next to my favorite celebrity. Am I actually associating with Bruno Mars?

I was so happy when we both won, and it seemed like he was too. I couldn't believe that he asked me to go out for a little "after party" with Phil and him. We went to a nice sports bar a few minutes away from the arena we were in at about 10:00. My curfew is 12:00.

When we got there, Bruno's body guards were waiting. It must be fun being this famous. Hopefully I'll be a famous director someday.

I'm not legally old enough to drink, so I ordered a Coke.

"So Bethany, tell me about yourself."

"I'm from California. I started my youtube channel when I was 13. I'm 18 now and-" Bruno cut me off.

"Wow. You're only 18? You look so much more mature than that."

"Yep. I was born in 1995."

"Age is only a number."

When he said that, I started to think about what it could mean. We stayed at the bar for a few more hours and just talked and got to know each other. I would have never expected to be hanging out with Bruno Mars. I just kept thinking, do I like him more than a friend? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. Does he feel the same? Eh. Probably not. He's about 10 years older than me.

Bruno gave me a piece of paper and said "Here's my number. Text me. Maybe we can hang out again sometime. I had fun."

"Thanks. I had fun too."

I think I was falling for him. And I was falling fast.