Chapter 15

After all was said and done at school there were eight deaths in one day.

Come on, that has to be some kind of record.

School was let out early because of it. Mitchell and I walked home hand in hand, reminiscing about the happenings of March 30, 2012.

“That was amazing. See if Stella would’ve seen that, she’d barf. That’s what I like about you.” Mitchell said smiling the wide smile I don’t get to see often.

“Hehe thanks. I guess that’s the difference between me and her.” I replied.

Usually I’d get mad if he mentioned her but when he compares me to her like that, I love it.

When we got home, like we always did, we went to my room to hang out. I pulled the labeled needles from my bag and crossed each name out in their own blood. Surprisingly it didn’t drip; it just clung to the name.

 Mitchell looked at his reflection in the mirror and I stood behind him.

“So, since you’re Bloody Mary now; what’ll happen if I do the mirror ritual?” He asked looking at me in the mirror.

“Do it. I’ll show you what happens.” I said playfully. So he did.

“Bloody Mary. Bloody Mary. Bloody Mary.” He said to his reflection. When he turned around, I was in front of the mirror.

Before he opened his eyes; I kissed him. He kissed me back. He ran the fingers of one hand through my hair and held me by the waist with the other.

He forced me to walk, while kissing him, to the bed. He sat me down and pulled away. He kneeled to the ground and looked at me. He held both of my hands and said:

“Marissa. Mary. Bloody Mary. I fell in love with all of them. I fell in love with everything you are and everything you stand for. You are the most beautiful, violent girl I’ve ever met. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I know I’m asking a lot of you but, will you except this promise ring? That way next year, when you turn eighteen we can be married?”

I was bewildered. I was redundant and really had to work to find the right words to say.

“Yes. Yes of course I will.” I said as he slipped the red ruby ring onto my finger. “I love you, Mitchell Shield.”

“I love you, too, Bloody Mary.”