Part 1 - The Start

Jessicas POV 

I looked out the airplane-window. It was night out and the only thing I saw was the light of a town right under us. The town was Los Angeles. My new home!

I had my reasons moving away from New York. My weird ex boyfriend was just one of the reasons. I had to move on, I had to get away! I wanted to make a new start, to do something new. I should continue my studies in Los Angeles. To be a cop was everything I ever wanted.  After having a family, have someone who cares. I sigh and looked around in the plane. It was just families or old couples sitting and complaining about every single thing on the plane. I shook my head and looked down on my phone, I had a picture of my stepbrother and me on the screen. I missed him already. He was the only one who understood who I felt,because he felt the same way!

The stewardess told me to put on my seatbelt, as we should land. I did as I was told and started picking up my stuff from the floor. My cellphone I held in my hand as usual. The plane landed softly and I stood up and walked out of the plane. It felt a lot better being on the ground. I didn’t really like to fly. The airport was full of people. I looked around. It felt really good not knowing any of the people here. I felt the new beginning crawling closer. I picked up my bags and walked for the exit. As I walked out the doors I felt the warm air, it was amazing. I found a cab and jumped in.

“To 34:th Street” I said nicely. The chauffer nodded and started driving. I looked out the window everything was new. For the first time in a long time I felt good, really good! I found my new apartment, it was small but it was good. It was only two apartments on my floor. The other one was rent by “some rebels” as the caretaker said. I put in my things and ruched out the door again. I was late for a meeting whit my new teacher at the university. On my way down the stairs I ran in to a guy. I almost fell backwards. It was like run into a rock. He got me before I touched the ground. He helped me to get on my feet’s again.

“Thank you!” I said when I stood up again.

“No problems!” he said looking down in my eyes. He was really beautiful.

“Are you the new girl in the house?” he asked still looking me in the eyes. I nodded.
“I’m sorry but I have to go!” I said and looked down the stairs. He moved softly.

“It was nice meeting you!” he said and smiled.

“You two!” I said and walked down the stairs. On my walk to the school I couldn’t stop thinking about him. It was something special with him. He was dangerous but at the same time so nice. The meeting was fast. We decided that I would study at home in the beginning. And start being in school after about two months. Mostly so I could settle in. I got back to the apartment. I met the same guy on my way up the stairs. We both started laugh when we saw each other.

“I guess I have to get use to this!” he said and stopped in front of me.

“I’m Dominic by the way,” he continued.

“I’m Jessica”

“Well Jessica, it was nice talking to you again” he said and walked pass me.

“It was nice meeting you two Dominic!” I said over my shoulder. I slowly started to walk up the stairs again. I heard some fast steps behind me. I turned around and saw Dominic running upstairs.

“Can I hide in your apartment?” he asked fast.

“Yes, but why?” I wondered

“I’ll explain soon, we got to hide!” we ran upstairs into my apartment. It was empty in my apartment. The only things were my suitcases, a bed and a sofa. It was still plastic around the sofa and the bed. Dominic looked at me for a long time.

“How long have you been here?” he asked slowly. I laughed.

“I got here this morning!” we both laughed.

“So why did you have to hide here?” I asked and looked at him.

“The cops are after me…!” he said smirking.

“Why?” I smiled jauntily at him.

“Lets just say, they don’t like me!” he laughed.

He helped me take of the plastic around my furniture and we sat down on the sofa. We just sat down talking about nothing. It knocked on my door. I looked scared at him. He just nodded. I took a deep breath and opened the door. A cop stood outside.

“Hello miss, my name is inspector Daniels. Can I speak with you inside for a wile?” he looked at me for a long wile. I choked my head.

“I’m a little busy right now!” I said almost hush.

“Okay miss, then can you tell me if you have seen the man from next door earlier today?” he had seen right thru me.

“No I haven’t”

“Well a wines says that she saw you talking to him in the stairs today…” he stared at me.

“Then maybe I saw him today” I said annoyed.

“Can I come inside, please miss?” he said trying to get pass me inside the apartment.

“Do you have a warrant?” I looked at him and smiled. It was an evil smile.

He choked his head and walked away. I closed the door fast. Dominic walked up behind me.

“Sorry that I dragged you into this!” he gave me a long hug. When the cops left we went into his apartment to get some stuff. We decided that he would live in my apartment if the cops came back. We left his things in my apartment and went outside. The weather was really amazing. He wanted to show me something. We walked to a little diner a few blocks away.

“Mia this is Jessica, our new neighbor!” Dominic said to the girl behind the disk.

“Hi! Are you hungry?” she asked nicely. I nodded. Dominic and me sat down at one of the tables.

“So when did you move to LA?” Mia asked.

“This morning!” I said and smiled. A big slam heard from behind somewhere.

“Dom, can you go help Jesse?” Mia almost screamed. Dom got up.

“I’ll be right back!” Dom said kissing me on my forehead. I smiled when he walked away. Mia walked up to me with my food.

“So what’s between you and my brother?” Mia Said with an almost evil smile on her face.