Chapter 2

The musical jingles from the swings sung happily as children vaulted themselves into the air. Their

laughter mixed with the jingling of the swings created a summer concerto in the wide open park. The younger ones run to me to tend to their had cones and unwrap their candies. I guess they had no option than to run to the stranger with nothing to do but stare into the open skies.

I overheard an argument between three children over a handful of peanuts. One called the other a prude and it resulted in a fist fight, or a belly fight as they kept ramming their infant bellies into each other's. Well, as reserved as I was, i offered them two Friendship Badges after they stopped fighting. I used to be a Scout, I was a Wood Badge candidate after High School, it's been 10 years now. I was 17. I packed my lunch, and walked away from the children to sit under the ancient elms south of the park.

I listened as the silence grew more comforting and with it thoughts of want grew within. It's been a while since I left my home. I have never been fond of leaving my mother for long.

Yet, I had to travel several miles to this town to inspect the Lodge my grandparents bequeathed me in their Will.

"Why did you have to die together", I said aloud, causing a stir in the branches above.

Now my thoughts were on my siblings, my six brothers and four sisters. They were all men now, with their families and though I am the 8th, I was the still the only bachelor in my immediate family. My mother wanted an heir so bad. But even if tired, I can not make a baby in one(1) month if I impregnated nine (9) women.