Fashion's Easier To Spot Than Love

I wrapped my hands around his neck and tip-toed to whisper in his ear; "I'm sorry, but I'm not available." I then proceeded to walk away, swaying a little more than I ought to just to entertain the bastard watching my ass.

I heard him hiss as I turned the corner and then I was back in the busy hustle and bustle of my work place. As I was about to enter my office, I was stopped by Ken.

"Miss Renee, Mr. Jackson is here for you. He'd like to know when the suits will be ready."

"Tell him in the next two days. And please, inform him that if he comes back tomorrow asking the same question that he is not to expect an answer," I ended, adding extra force to push my office door open.

I slunk down in my chair. Today was extra work. I had to deal with yet another lusty bastard.I sighed, one other thing I've stopped mentioning to Dane.

Speak of the devil; "Ren, I've been trying to call you all day!"

"I'm sorry," I whispered, barely able to even fake a sympathetic smile. It hurt to smile, to walk, to move, to talk, which is what I'd been doing for practically the whole day. And now, I started to rub my temples, it hurts to think; Darn you migraine.

Dane apparently saw the pain written all over my face and came to stand behind me to massage my shoulders. God, his hands were good!

I got so relaxed then he stopped abruptly and sat on my table facing me.

"Why'd you stop," I whined and pouted.

He cupped my cheeks with is hands; "What are you doing tonight?" he asked suddenly.

I kicked off my shoes and propped my feet up on the table, "Nothing at all. Freedom to sleep!" I giggled.

"Great!" he exclaimed as he got up off the desk. "I'm taking you out tonight," He announced in another breath.

"What? Where? Why? When? How?!" I asked frantically without thinking about it first.

He stopped right at the door, ready to leave, then tilted his head back to look at me. "I'm taking you out," He repeated as if I didn't hear that already. "Where?" he continued, "That's for me to know and for you to find out. Why? You're stressed, you need a night out on the town, Ren; Have some fun. Be ready by 8 and unlike you, I drive, remember?" He saluted me as he finished and left.

I finished up my work and set up everything for immediate access the following Monday morning. I preoccupied my mind with the thought of doing Mr. Jackson's suit to get my mind off other pressing issues. That man's lucky he pays well.

_____________________________________________________________________________

As I entered my apartment, Jessie was there to greet me. She jumped on me almost sending me to the floor. Sometimes I had no reason but to understand why Dane calls her a bitch. Sometimes she really does act like a dog, whether or not that was good or bad, I still couldn't decipher.

"Mhm..." She eyed me as she let me go and stepped back so I had space to close the door.

"What?" I asked innocently. Then I put up my guard. You never know what to expect when Jessie gives you 'the eye'.

"Now why would someone send you a sexy red party dress and the hottest fuck-me stilletos?" She asked skipping around the place in a dance.

I continued to my room, passing her barely clean one, and dumped all my luggage on the bed.

"What are you talking about, Jes?" I asked genuinely confused. "Oh by the way, Dane's. . ."

"Taking you out tonight?" she interrupted, grinning from ear to ear.