Part 5

Part 5

"I can't believe you had me convinced that you are not like them." I shouted through the tears of waterfall coming down my face.

"Not like them how? They're my family! We're all the same." He shouted back.

"No," I said gasping for air. "You were different. You were innocent. And you were right you know... You had been long gone."

"Florica, I don't understand what the wrong thing I've done."

"You are a back-stabber. That's what's wrong."

"I didn't betray you, Florica! I didn't tell you something and went and said the opposite behind your back. I didn't go and tell everyone about what you did behind their backs. See, I'm not a back-stabber. Covering for your secrets is called 'Honoring our friendship' if there is one. I advise you choose words you know what they mean before you say them. You never know how painful they are on the heart."

Flashback...

The room was quite comforting. Though, it had to be left. I decided to start the day with going to prince vasile's chamber to clean it. He was awake, standing in the middle of the room. His beard had grown and his hair was messy. He looked like someone I have seen before.

"Oh good morning, Florica."

"Good morning, prince Vasile."

"You know I don't mind just Vasile."

I nodded.

"So, what brings you here?"

"I wanted to clean the room. Should I come back later?"

"Yeah, sorry. I'm going to take a shower then get dressed and the room will be under your service." He smiled.

"You mean I will be under it's service." He didn't understand it. "As I will be cleaning it not the other way around." I explained.

He chuckled. "You kind of suck at jokes."

"Thought so." I smiled. "I'll come back later."

I headed for the kitchen instead. It has been a while since I've last cooked something. Thought I could be much of help with the breakfast. It was weird that no one was in the halls. Nor the dinning chamber was being prepared for breakfast. I wondered about the time. I went to the main hall where there's a giant clock there. Apparently it was too early for waking up. It was five thirty in the morning. I still headed to the kitchen for an apple. Apparently I wasn't the only one awake in the castle. A young maid, Sabina, was there with a man in the back yard. I could see them through the opened door.

"You could've chosen a better place than the castle, Sabina."

I caught their attention and they looked shocked that someone was awake at that time.

"Florica,..." She didn't know what to say.

"It's fine. I'm not going to tell queen Adelina." I assured her, though, they didn't trust my words. "I've known about you guys for a while. If I wanted to tell her, I could've done it weeks ago."

"How?"

"All the maids will be preparing breakfast in half an hour and if they saw you two, not only both of you will be punished but I'll get a few shouts too."

She nodded and kissed him goodbye. I grabbed an apple and started eating it.

"For how long did you know about us?" She entered the kitchen and closed the door behind her.