Preface

Preface

I escaped every where till there was no other place to hide myself in. I ran, ran and ran. Ladies who were taken were crying. Our dreadful enemies stealing the ladies from their men as if they were children's toys. They were all spreading. They could not be counted. Even if I thought about trying to guess I would get it wrong. It was all falling down.

The royal's chateau was bitten. Empty holes filled it. People's houses were nowhere to be found, disappeared. All caused from the damage. Everyone was tortured, murdered painfully and very slowly. All the men's lives were taken before my own eyes. I wasn't sad for them, I was sad for the loss of their ladies and their children. Those were our men, ready to give up their lives not just for their ladies and children but for their home. Death was every where, like it would never end. Blood was our ground now, dirt was our air, holes were our walls.

As soon as peace was found, I think, wars began again. What was it that was so important in Romania? There were other countries out there and I know most of them have been invaded and done worse in but why strike and kill everyone again?!... Because each one of us had his own war buried deep inside waiting for it burn outside. We all had to live with wars, like it was our life. Men defended their country and ladies watched. All I have ever seen in Romania and made me see the specialty it in was the nobility of her men, from slaves to gentlemen. They were really true sons of Romania.

We just wanted freedom and deliver a message to the royals... that they are not Gods.