Prologue

Prologue

Being sixteen and living forever might be a good thing if it wasn't a curse. Before I was cursed I remember being human, the way you could make decisions, the way your heart would skip a beat if someone kiss you, the way you could be come ill, your heart beating. I didn't deserve this life. They say when you die you go to heaven and the gates trial you, what happens if you have a trial and you make it past the gates but then you're cursed. It sounds ridiculous but that's what happened to me, It was my birthday and I decided trying to sneak into a club seemed like fun, I wasn't a bad kid, I had good grades, used manors, never stole anything. That day I was feeling rebellious, maybe it was the thought of leaving school or just the fact that I'm sixteen now but whatever it was changed me. I managed to sneak into the club with my friends who were a year or two older than me. It wasn't like most clubs, most clubs played dance music where as this club played heavy metal music. I was glad when I walked in me and my friends didn't stick out like a magnet on a fridge. My hair was naturally black and was waist length, I wore a black corset that made me have a smaller waist. I wore a short black shirt with knee high socks with my Dr Martens boots. My eyes were a pale blue, my lips were blood red, I was really pale too, some people thought I looked like Snow White. I was glad that it was a song I knew that was playing, Bowling for Soup, High school Never Ends. This was possibly the softest type of song they played. My friends left to mingle with other people. Everyone was dancing there bodies dancing closely. This was my type of place. So far I was have an amazing birthday, what I really couldn't wait for was me going to see Muse in a few more weeks. This was one of my birthday presents off my mum and it was by far my favourite. I was screaming when I opened them. My best friend Rose offered to buy my drink which I accepted. We were only young once. When she came back a boy with bright red hair tapped me on the shoulder. He offered to dance with me. He was beautiful, his red hair was messy, he had green eyes. He was wearing a plain black tight top that showed of his muscle and on his right arm he had a dragon tattoo going down his arm. We dance well what was close to it anyways casually swaying about. It was just 12am when Rose complained she wanted to go home. I said goodbye to the boy who's name was drake he wrote his number down on my hand and gave me a kiss full on the lips. Most girls would've been taken by surprise but I wasn't I was used to it. When we left the club the girls were abit childish and they ran across the road. I walked across the road, a car was heading at me fastly, even if I ran I wasn't going to hit me. it wasn't how I imagined, it wasn't like the movies. Nothing was in slow motion. I was frozen to the place, I screamed loudly like a banshee as the car hit me. My friends were screaming too in a huge panic. Rose knelt down beside me on the cold. hard pebbled ground and held my hand.
"Victoria, you keep holding on, you can do this my little fighting"

"Rose I can't there's a light"

"Don't go to the light you hear me, don't leave me, I need you"

"I'm sorry"

I inhaled my last bit of air and I was gone. I followed the light and I'm glad I did because I had made it to heavens golden gates. Heaven isn't what I expected, it was magnificent. Right now I was waiting to see if I was allowed in heaven and there was a cue forming. I joined the cue and my life flashed before my eyes. When I Waite my turn and the gates opened for me I breathed a sigh of relief. Waiting on the other side for me was my granddad who passed away last year from cancer. He smiled at me when he saw me but a look of horrid was on his face. Heaven was supposed to be a warm place but right now it was bitterly cold. A voice spoke inside my head.
"Young Victoria, you're not supposed to be here, your soul was banned from heaven before you were born"
I could feel myself changing, my teeth were gone and were replaced by fangs, I had no heart rate or pulse either. People were screaming and I didn't understand why they were screaming. I figured it out for myself they was scared of me. I was changing into a monster, but why I've been good. I could feel myself drifting away from heaven back to earth. When I opened my eyes, I was still on the road abandoned. Where was everyone? The car that had hit me was gone completely. There was no sign of it and my friends weren't there screaming.

When I got back to my house it was the same as I had left. My mum looked at me when I shut the door. I looked at her, she looked different, I could see all her features but more pronounced. Her rosy red cheeks where her blood flared to the top of her skin. The thought of blood made my throat burn. Her hair was more of a raven black than what I thought a natural black. She had chalky white skin. Her eyes were chocolate brown. I was shocked that I never realized how pretty she was.

"Victoria, I didn't expect you home so early"

"Why what's the time"

"Just 10pm, I thought you were out with your friends"

"My friends have gone"

"Gone, gone where?"

"Can I ask you something"

"Sure, asking ahead sweetie"

"Hold my hand and pinch it"

She did as I asked. I felt her warm hand on my skin she jerked back quickly with horror in her eyes. But there was no surprised look in her face, it was like she understood something and there was clearly something she wasn't telling me.

"Victoria, what happened tonight?"

"Well you know, I got ran over and died, I was in heaven but than I got kicked out"

"It's too soon, you can't be, oh my gosh Victoria, I'm sorry"

She ran into our small kitchen and got something that smelled mouthwateringly good. It was red, ad moved around in its packet like water. Blood. I could feel fangs release it self. That's when I realized, I was a vampire. I couldn't believe it, I didn't want to believe it. My mum handed me the packet and told me to drink it. I did and instead of feeling sick, I felt stronger. It tasted too good too.

"I feared this day would happen"

"You mean, you knew I would be a vampire, why didn't you warn me?"

"Because you'd never leave the house, you'd be scared, listen your dad and I are huge believers in the devil, I didn't believe it at first but because I was so in love with your dad I went along with it, he sold his soul to the devil, giving you immortality and radiant beauty"

"So he didn't die in a car crash, all these years you lied to me and now I'm a monster"

"You're not a monster, you're still Victoria"

 I couldn't bare to listen to her anymore so I left to lie in my room and my thoughts took over my mind. If I was some monster, I could kill myself so maybe I wouldn't hurt anyone and that was my plan to find away to kill myself soon.