iii: sight for sore eyes {harry styles}

Sight For Sore Eyes: A Harry/Jackie One-shot

[this one-shot is dedicated to Moh because this is based off of her story Blinded! You shouldn't read this if you haven't read her story, but you can and slightly understand this. I hope you like this, babe.]

After being blind for more than four years, suddenly being able to see again took a lot of getting used to. My eyes had been so used to the dark, and now the world was light again. It was strange, extremely strange.

Naturally the media exploded at my sight returning. I would see the magazine headlines, and I could hear the celebrity gossip shows rave about me. Jackie Slight, girlfriend of Harry Styles, just had surgery to see again!

It had been nearly three weeks since my surgery, and I still wasn't completely used to the fact that I could see once more. Even the sight of my reflection irked me- I hadn't changed much at all. My blond hair was a bit longer and my face had lost some of its baby roundness. Other than that, I looked exactly the same.

My paintings were something else completely. I had just thought I splattered paint upon the canvasses, but now I could see that there was emotion in the paint splatters. I could see a story within each painting. Mum showed me the first canvas that I had painted after Delilah had died. There were swirls of dark colors- black, different shades of gray, red, and dusty chalk colors. Now I understood why my parents and Harry had made such a big deal about the paintings.

Harry was by my side every available second. He was quite busy, but always managed to make time for me. His visits were limited to only a few hours each day. We would talk, and he would ask me how were my eyes. We would study the sky, describing what I would want to see now that I had sight again. My responses were simple.

I want to see the forest again. I want to see snow falling in the middle of a green field. I want to see how the clouds look from an airplane.

My biggest desire was to see the sunset against the ocean.

When the fourth week rolled around, Harry surprised me with a vacation. My parents had known about it, so when I was handed my passport, a plane ticket, and a suitcase, I was baffled. Harry just smiled from where he was crouched beside Flapjack, telling me that we were headed for California that afternoon.

It was an extremely long flight. A majority of it was spent leaning against Harry's body, fast asleep. When we landed in LA, the jetlag was practically engulfing me. Harry seemed more used to it since he traveled constantly.

We did not stay in the city like I expected we would. Harry loved staying in the city, so I was confused when we were headed away from the city, going west.

When I saw the ocean, I realized what was going on.

"The beach," I realized, gasping as I pressed my face against the glass. The waves were blue and beautiful, crashing against the sand.

I heard Harry's soft chuckle. I looked at him and gazed at him for a long moment. His green eyes flickered to me for just a moment, and I admired how his curls moved against the wind. He held my hand as he drove, rubbing circles into the back of my hand with his thumb.

Now that I could see, I was relieved to finally have a face to match the deep voice that had been consoling me for months. His voice matched his face, and everything seemed to fall into place.

"I hope you don't mind staying at a beach house," Harry said casually. "We're staying here for a week, unless you don't like it."

"No, Harry, just shut up," I ordered, lifting his hand to my face and kissing his knuckles. "I love you, I hope you know that."