Midnight Walks

Soulmate au: The only way you can die is from the hands of your soulmate.

Warning: Contains death

Midnight. The most peaceful time of day, no cars, no people, no animals, just me, myself and I.

I occasionally like to go on walks around 12am it helps me think, get my head around things.

For example soulmates, in this society people can love whoever they want not knowing whether or not its their soulmate, cause the only way to truly know if someone is your soulmate is if they kill you.

Lucky people find their soulmates live happily together and kill each other when they're ready to go but others are unfortunate. Why? is my biggest question. Why do they have the right to take my life away from me?

I mean, is it even true love if the end result is most likely anger and despair.

Any who those types of thoughts tend to float around my head at this time.
That and food. My mind is constantly thinking about food, im seriously considering getting help cause my love for food is unhealthy.

I might as well walk to the closest convenience store and buy some ramen. Come to think of it who doesn't love ramen??? mad people thats who.

Im almost at the shop just need to cross the road and poof me and food have been reunited. I looked both ways and crossed the road as no cars were comi- CRASH!

Jimin's pov
I came round the corner driving a bit faster than usual but still within the driving limit as there were no other cars. I was about to pass by the zebra crossing but noticed a small figure walking there.It was hard to see at night but i could clearly tell it was a person. I hurriedly tried to hit my breaks but it was too late. I hit her.

I ran out the car like my life depended on it, although it isn't my life on the line is it. It's hers.

"A- Are you okay!? Please be alright! speak, Say something!" I yelled at her quickly grabbing her fragile and bloody body in my arms.

I saw the convenience store worker run outside, frantic and panicking. He was a right stuttering mess but who am i to judge. I just ran an innocent girl over.

"Call the ambulance!" I told him and he rushed inside to get his phone.

I quickly examined her injuries and checked her pulse. Her cheek is bruised and her side is pouring blood like a waterfall. But at least she's breathing. Oh God. Oh Lord. Forgive me.

This beautiful girl is suffering because i assumed no one would be on this road like every other night. Well guess what Jimin? You were wrong.

"I- I rang the ambulance sir they're on their way" the store worker breathed out while kneeling down beside the girl.

I breathed heavily while we sat there in silence. I can't help it though, fear and adrenaline is cursing through my veins.

"She'll be alright please don't cry sir!" The worker cried out and i touched my cheek noticing salty tears were in fact dripping down my face.

I gave him a sad smile and nodded my head to reasure him that im okay but it's quite obvious that im not.

"hey" A whisper barely audible grasped both of our attentions and we looked down to see the girl wincing in pain.

"oH dont speak save your energy!" I said pulling her closer to my chest.

"I guess i didn't get my ramen did I?" She said and the store worker perked up.

"(Y/N)!?! oh crap please be okay" He said grabbing her hand gently.

"It's alright. You know i never understood soulmates really. I despised the idea of being killed my mine, but you know wh-at you're so beautiful. If you're the last person i see before i die it's worth it"

The girl known as (Y/N) said to me between coughs and gasps for air. She even gave me a small smile. It broke my heart seeing her in this state.

It never occurred to my mind that she could be my soulmate but i wish she wasn't. Cause i don't want her, (Y/N), my soulmate to die before i truly met her.

"(Y/N) hang on in there okay the ambulance is on its way" The worker reassured her but she chuckled.

"Tom, thanks for the ramen and midnight chats, and take care of my soulmate. Tell him all my stories" She said slowly closing her eyes.

"WAIT" I screamed "PARK JIMIN MY NAME IT'S JIMIN" I screeched at her in pure agony.

"Jimin"

That was the final thing she whispered before my beautiful soulmate closed her eyes falling deep into an eternal slumber.

The ambulance arrived a bit after that but i don't blame them, it was my fault. Although I couldn't care less as long as she was gone.

~timeskip~

Tom did what she asked. I visited his store everyday to hear stories about her. There isn't a day when i don't think about her. Although do i even have a right to grieve? I am the one who killed her after all.

A/N
Hey i haven't updated in a while due to school and exams but whenever i can i will try to update. This one is a bit angsty but next one will be fluffy and soft i promise. Toodles~