Chapter 1

Thanks to TheBreadLife for this amazing cover.

"Yasmin!" I heard my dad shout for the third time in the morning, but I ignored him because
(1)I want to sleep
(2) I don't want to go to school; it sucks. I'm still a nerd and not the one that gets straight A-'s because I suck at science. I'm the loner nerd.

It's not like I'm hard to miss in school. I'm the loner nerd because I choose to be. I just choose to stay away from highschool popularity and friends that'll last probably a month. I want to be drama-free.

"Yasmin!"

Why did summer had to end so quickly? Just give me two more months to prepare myself for what I'll have to go through.

I close my eyes tightly hoping my dad will not let me go to school. Knowing my dad he will force me to go.
I heard my door open and I squeeze my eyes shut. Suddenly I felt cold liquid flowing on me. My guess is that it's water this isn't the first time my dad did it. I screamed and quickly jumped out bed. I stared at my dad who just stood there he finally spoke up.

"Good morning, Sweetheart. You have half an hour to get ready. I'm sure you don't want to be late on your first day back right?"he said innocently and exited my room, closing the door on the way.

Great. Just great. Going into the bathroom and I quickly brushed my teeth, washed my face and took a bath. I started to dig though my closet; of course being late isn't a good idea. Grabbing my black hoodie and white pants with matching converse. Applying a little amount of makeup who am I trying to fool, that makeup remains untouched. Quickly running down the stairs, grabbing an apple and exiting the door shouting "Bye dad!"

I drove to school silently. Okay, that's a lie. I drove singing to the songs that played on the radio and I might have driven through a few red lights so that I won't be late. It was hard to find a parking spot. Just my luck. As I arrived at the door the bell rang.

~
I rushed to my English class, hoping not to bump into anyone. Looking at the in front of me and taking deep breaths. Finally pulling the door opened and rushing to my usually seat at the back.

"Good morning, class. You have a new student with us. Hailey, I'm Mrs.Williams and I'll be your English teacher," she said and that smile could be heard without looking at her.

"Good morning," I heard Hailey replied but I was too busy drawing to look up.

"You can take a seat between Justin and Yasmin."  I turned to look. The seat beside me was empty. Oh well. I turned to face the teacher to actually learn something. While taking my notes I heard Justin already trying to get her in bed.

"Are those space pants? Because your ass is so out of this world."

"No they're prison pants. It's time for me to make my escape."

"I hope you know CPR because you take my breath away."

"I don't. But I know karate and I could rip your lungs out."

I sat there listening to the two. I actually like this girl.

"I just Googled sexy and a picture of you came up."

"You'll get the same result if you Googled "not interested.""

The bell rang and I waited until everyone left I got up and started putting my books in my bag. Justin was still here with what's-her-name.

"Are you a magician? Because abraca -dayum girl!"

"Yeah. Now watch me disappear." With that said she walked out the classroom. If I wasn't such a nerd I would talk to her probably; be friends with her. But who would be friends with me?

.
.
.
.
.
What celebrity would you rate as a prefect 10?

Share. Vote. Comment
Xoxo Ashante