17

The sun had just sunk into the seawater, leaving the half dark sky colored with red and purple. The heat from over the day perished, a cool wind now blowing.

Nami and Luffy were sitting around the fire they made while the orange haired girl was cooking the monster her captain brought. It was so quiet between them but none of them seemed to be bothered by that. Luffy's hand was tightly wrapped around Nami's waist. He literally denied to let go of her ever since they finally made up and, well, not like Nami wanted him to.

-Here, she said while handing him the meat she just finished cooking.

-Hm? Nami, aren't you going to eat? Luffy asked while stuffing his mouth full.

The orange haired girl just shook her head while making herself more comfortable in her captain's arms.

-It's fine. I'm not hungry.

She was smiling as the, now small, fire was lightening her face and the only thought that crossed Luffy's mind in that moment, seeing her like that, was "I love her". He started feeling a little awkward when he barely held back the impulse of kissing her. Nami looked up to him after he tightened the grip around her and she couldn't help but giggle at the sight of his facial expression.

-What's with that face? She laughed, then yawned. She was really tired and was fighting the urge to close her eyes.

-Uh... n-nothing! Luffy startled, his face turning red. I-I'll stay on watch so you should go to sleep, he then said after getting up.

-You can do than from here too, right? Nami said while holding tight to his shirt and tapping the place where Luffy stood just moments ago. She could've bet she was like a tomato, but she didn't care. She really didn't want Luffy to let go of her and little did she knew, it was the same for him. Having that said, the raven haired boy sat back down and hugged his navigator close.

-Good night, Nami! he grinned while placing a kiss on her forehead. This time he couldn't hold back.

-Good night, Luffy!

***

After an hour or so, it started getting pretty cold outside and Nami was trembled as the wind touched her soft skin. Luffy who, most surprisingly, didn't fall asleep, stood up and placed his shirt over Nami's shoulders. He also added some woods to the fire that was about to go down.

He made a few steps closer to the water, careful not to touch it and stretched his arms and legs to wake up a little as it was real hard to stay awake while laying down in such a comfortable place.

-Luffy... Nami whispered half awake while placing her hand on there sand where Luffy had to be.

The raven haired boy smiled, his heart beating really fast. "How can she be so damn cute?" he thought while laying back down and hugging Nami again. The next second, the orange haired girl fell back to sleep while holding tight to her captain.

***

The first ray of sun that lightened the night sky, nicely fell on Nami's face and hair, making it glow like gold. She slowly opened her eyes to a snoring Luffy and smiled out of instinct when feeling his hands wrapped around her.

-Of course he fell asleep, she giggled.

Looking at the fire, she only saw a grey smoke lifting from the burned up fire wood. Moving slowly so she wouldn't wake up Luffy, she stood up and made the fire again, thinking she should start cooking the half of the monster that was left from last night, as her greedy captain would wake up with a huge hole in his stomach that had to be filled up.