1

After the Straw Hats had been separated, Luffy had to endure the worst battle on his own. Shaken by his brother's death, he couldn't help but want to see his nakama as soon as possible. He decided to leave Amazon Lily immediately and head to Sabaody Archipelago where, he knew, the rest of the crew would be. He was then stopped by Rayleigh, who forced him to the cruel reality. They were weak, too weak to survive the New World. The captain then decided that they were to spend two years to train and then meet at Sabaody to continue their journey.

And so, the infamous' crew training began. Each of them gave their best to train to their limits and past them in the course of the two years, all for the sake of their beloved nakama.

Zoro had a hard time as Mihawk wouldn't let him drink until he mastered a certain move. Sanji, well, poor him, he spent the two years in a living hell, we all know why. Robin got to know Luffy's bigger brother, Sabo, who was assumed dead by the people who knew him as a child. Chopper and Nami were both improving their skills as Chopper discovered new medicine and Nami learned everything about the weather in the New World. Franky upgraded his body using Vegapunk's knowledge and Brook started a career as a singer which had soon brought him fame. Meanwhile, the Great Usopp'n became apprentice of Heracles, the hero of the island'n. (I rlly love the 'n thing)

Back on Rusukaina, the island where Luffy was to be trained by Rayleigh, a straw hat was waiting through wind and rain, snow and storm, for the time to come to rise again and shake the New World.

*Three months later*

Luffy was stuffing his mouth with the delicious Sea King meat which he caught earlier in the day. He was getting stronger and stronger as the days passed but he was only at the beginning as there was still a long way to go to control his haki.

When Rayleigh had mercy and would allow him to sleep at night, images of Ace dying in his arms would pop into his head, making him remember the sight of Akainu's fist piercing through his body and the feeling of holding his brother as the life drained out of him. Then, those words would echo in his mind, making him want to scream in despair "I want to live longer for only one reason and that is to see you fulfill your dream."

He would stare at the night sky with an empty look in his eyes, until he'd remember his crew. In that very moment, his eyes were filled with love and nostalgia and his heart would beat faster at the thought of seeing them again.

Lately though, he realized that he started thinking of one person in particular. He would close his eyes and picture her soft orange hair and her gorgeous brown eyes. Sometimes, he could even feel her specific smell filling the air, making him smile. He even missed her bossy attitude and her heavy punches. Some nights, Rayleigh could hear him softly pronounce her name in his sleep instead of desperately screaming Ace's name in pain, which made him think that his heart was finally, slowly starting to heal. There were even days when Luffy caught himself thinking of Nami while fighting the beasts on the island. He would often look up at the sky and wonder where she was and what she was doing.

Little did he know, up in the sky, on Weatheria, the orange-haired navigator was troubled by the same thoughts. She would often space out while thinking of her childish captain. Old Haredas was sometimes wondering what was going on with her, smiling all by herself while looking out the window, completely lost in thought.

Both the captain and the navigator soon realized just how much they missed each other, sometimes becoming sad at the thought that the one they were thinking about didn't feel the same, but they were both consumed by the desire of seeing each other again.