~Chapter 2~

Stalking out of his office Nick shifted into his leopard form, his animal growling in pleasure of being released out of its confinement. A roar made its way out of his throat echoing through the forest loud and clear. All sounds ceased and silence reigned as he bounded through the tree, weaving his way around with ease. The creatures of the rain-forest kept their silence as he inconspicuously ran among them, their senses tuned to the fact that a predator walked in their midst concealed. His fur blended perfectly with the darkness surrounding the tall dark and  dense trees.

As he neared the Waterfall, his picked up the smell of fresh water as the rush of water slapping against rock hit his ears. He approached the entrance cautiously his predatory acute senses picking up nothing out of the ordinary or dangerous.

He padded over to the stream sinking unto to his belly lapping at the satisfying freshness of the water. He raised his furry head from the water surveying the surrounding areas for danger again before getting up from his prone position. Nickolas started heading out when he caught the most intoxicating scent he had ever scented, he closed his eyes savouring the heady fragrance.

His beast went preternaturally quiet, hunting silent, crouching  and ready to pounce. Damn. He swore in his mind making his leopard buck at the reigns, taking over temporarily he charged after the scent throwing caution to the wind. The scent grew more intoxicating and he knew he was getting closer. He drew near a tree where the scent seemed to be the strongest, sniffing around the base before looking up.

Two pair of eyes golden stared at him back at him from a cute small furry face. Both man and  leopard cocked their head in fascination at the creature.

Ashaya stared at the big male leopard whose green eyes lay fixed on her. Her cat silently snarled at the situation she was in. 

What should i do? She thought frantically trying to come up with something 

Anything that can save her life. She sat up form her relaxed position jolts of pain went through her making her pant. The male padded around the tree looking for something right afterwards he stalked behind and tree. She saw a burst of colors from behind the tree. 

Shifter. At least he wasn't full bred. Hard to imagine what would happen if she came across a non shifting leopard

A male walked out, no he stalked out his body moving so deathly graceful across the forest floor. His every move screamed male confidence and dominance, raw power oozed form his body as he strutted towards her. His muscular frame built, hair as dark as midnight, his skin shone a rich luscious brown with an undertone of gold which served as an invitation for her to pet and stroke him.

Shaking herself out of her stupor, she watched his muscles ripple as he stalked, reaching the tree he stopped and looked up at me. "Are you going to come down anytime soon?" he said his voice low husky which sounded close to a growl.

Her answer was to shift back to human form. Nick did not make any aggressive move towards her, the first thing he noticed was her hair. It looked so silky his leopard growled within him wanting to touch. It was an unusual shade- a deep gold streaked with chocolate brown, the same as her fur when she is in animal form. The woman had curves, lush and Sweet curves that brought out the most primal instinct of both man and beast.

Brownish-gold eyes stared at him from a muddy face, but the mud did nothing to conceal her beauty to him. "You have two choices" he said quietly

Her breathe caught in her throat when he paused dramatically.

"You either climb down from the tree or i come get you" he murmured huskily. His leopard remembering she was an intruder in his territory. He wasn't known for his mercy when it comes to handling interlopers.

She raised her eyebrows. "Is this how you handle most situations... with force?"

He looked thoughtful for a moment then shook his head. "Few situations like this require strength, actually most implore cunning".

He leaned against the tree nonchalantly. "You have 10 seconds to provide an answer for me"

She sighted "What if i don't want to get down................ what if i cant get down"

His leopard came to the fore front of his mind as he inhaled, identifying the scent of blood. His beast bared his teeth in anger at his inattentiveness pacing restlessly.

"Why are you not healing" he growled loudly. She cringed back form his hard tone.

He gentled his tone of voice and asked the same question, a smiled tugged at her lips but it dissolved quickly when she contemplated his question. Her mind, getting hazy as each minute passed.

"I think i was shot with a bullet" she mumbled groggily.

"Shit" he swore darkly, "We need to get you out of that tree right now."

Ashaya placed her head on the branch in front of her, her eyes drooping. He voiced a growled, startling her from her place of rest. "That was rude" she reproached him.

He ignored it blatantly searching for a way. His head jerked up not a minute later, "I need you to jump" he said in a gently voice.

"You want me to jump" she asked in a sarcastic voice. "Of all the things you could have said, that is your plan.... for me to jump down form a tree" she squawked out

He chuckled at her spirit. "You are a little spit fire aren't you" he purred.

She was taken aback slightly. Did he just purr. She said to her cat. Yup he did purr.

"Are you going to jump anytime soon, cause i have things to do" he said gruffly.

"You don't have to be so mean about it" she said preparing to jump. Nick held out his had ready to break her fall.

With grim determination, she jumped into nothing squeezing her eyes shut. Expecting to hit a hard surface, she landed on something neither hard nor soft, but was comfortable. Ashaya inhaled his scent, pressing her nose to his chest. She felt him stiffen only a second later to relax, looking up she met hypnotic green eyes that was not wholly human her staring back at her. She blushed and apologized instantly averting his gaze.

He placed her on the ground, his hand and eyes lingering on her skin longer than necessary. "Climb on my back and i will take you to a healer."

She obeyed without hesitation climbing unto his back, wrapping her hand around his neck. His beast growled in pleasure at the contact, her scent surrounding him like a blanket. The beast batted at he scent rolling in it like a pup. He grunted at his counterpart. The beast gave no answer whatsoever.

When she was settled on his back, he began to run. She made a whimpering sound shifting against his back causing the leopard to perk his ears attentively. "Are you okay."

"Hmm, ya... am just a little sleepy" she mumbled. He speed up at her words. "Come on love stay awake for me, we are almost there" he whispered to her.

She frowned when he called her love. "My name is not love"

"Then what is it" he asked his lips quirked in a smile. Smiling, despite the dire conditions

"It's........It's...." she said before falling into unconsciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you guys liked this chapter. If there is anything you do not understand please write down your comments and questions. I will try my best to answer all the questions asked and i will appreciate it if you gave me ideas to write in the next chapter.

The chapter is not edited so i apologize for any mistakes found, please bear with me. Thanks to everyone one who reads, comments and votes. You guys are amazing and soo kind. ^_^.