~Chapter 4~

"Ashaya "

"Ashaya"

Ashaya jerked at the calling of her name. She shook her head, furious at herself for daydreaming on the job. She turned back to loads of unwashed pots and her eyes watered in frustration. It has been 4 years since that faithful day.... the day of such sorrow and pain.

It was also the day she found a new family. Snow dancer was a large pack with many people and she is proud to be one of its members, even if the alpha was bossy.. and arrogant.. and so unh. She has always been shy and mellow, even with her family. However, in this past years not only has her confidence grown but also her sassiness- if that's even a word- and temper; that's what happens when you get adopted into a pack of big cats.

Her cat, usually mellow and almost always in the background of her mind, however, in the presence of Mr bossy pants- aka Nick- her cat jumps to the forefront of her mind, growling and pretending to swipe her claws.

And it all comes down to that faithful day, the day she was found and brought to the pack, the day she met the alpha. Expecting to be immediately torn apart by claws and fangs, after all they were ruthless predators.

However she found mercy in a place she expected none. Fist clenching in annoyance; That dosen't mean he should act all arrogant and mighty.

He just makes her want to scratch his beautiful, handsome, arrogant face. A snarling sound escaped from the back of her throat, she caught the eye of her best friend "Don't say a word Natalia" she whispered.

Eyes twinkling with mischief, Talia opened her mouth about to say something "I---"

A voice from the kitchen interrupted her "Are you girls done what I asked you to?". They two soldiers exchanged quick looks before facing the blackened pile of pots and pans. Both groaning theatrically.

"I'll wash you will rinse" Shaya whispered in her friends ear. "This will go faster that way." A nod of agreement and several hours later she was breathing in the cool afternoon air. A smile creased her face her she lifted her arms to her side upon the mountain that faced the sea.

The wind stirred and she glanced up at the tree branch nearest to her . "I can smell you kit" she turned towards the bushes several feet away from her. "You could have at least stayed downwind, so i won't catch your scent." She shook her head slowly "You still have so much to learn."

Her second best friend. Kit, was a baby alpha leopard changeling. Even if she could not see how that could even happen. But scent don't lie

Kit walked out of the bushes, running his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"How do you do that?" he snarled. Batting her eyelashes innocently "What?" she asked coyly "Kick you ass at everything?" she laughed at his disgruntled expression. Running her hands though his hair playfully "Don't worry spot, you'll get the hang of it at some point" grinning cheekily.

"Hey!" he protested running his hands through his hair continuously. He stomped his foot angrily "Do you know how long it took me to get the perfect style? Do you?" pointing to his messy hair.

Kit was like a brother to her. They were practically the same age and had the same rank on the hierarchy. Although she had heard something about him having the scent of a future alpha. Almost all her friend think he is cute and do everything in their way to catch his attention.

But she just doesn't see him in the light. I guess you could say she 'friend-zoned him' They were very good friends that why she knew he wasn't really angry with her.