10 years ago

" Momma? Mommaaa?" I sit in my highchair as momma gets everything ready for eat-eat time. She's cutting up some orange pointy things and putting them into a huge bowl.

" Yes, love?" She places down the sharp cutty and grab a couple of the round disky things. She walks over to me and crouches down to my eye level, then takes the orange stuff and gently taps it against my lips until I take it in my mouth. " Carrot."

I hum and quickly chew and swallow the now mushy carwot.  " Momma,will I ever get married wike oo and pawba?" I ask quietly. Momma eyes brighten and she smiles widely, taking my small hands in her huger ones.

"Of course you are! And you'll love each other very much and eventually have your own wittle No-No to take care of!" she grabs my sides and wildly moves her fingers, causing me to make a high piggy noise.

The sound of the front door slamming shut makes us both jump. Loud footsteps comes to the kitchen in slow speed. Momma quickly drops to the floor, sitting on her knees. Her pretty curlies making a big mess on her shoulders from her quick action.

" Pawba!!" I cried happily as a tall skinny man comes to the kitchen. He stands reaallllly tall. Even taller than momma! He's pale and has dark straight hairs on his head. Momma says I look just like him.

" Pawba!" I squeal. He smiles widely and then picks me up from my high chair to give me a big hug.

" How's my little man? Were you good while I was gone?" He asks.

" No," pawba raises an eyebrow,  " I was awesomeness!" I yelled, throwing my hands in the air. Pawba bursts out laughing. I smile widely and look down at momma to notice that she too, is grinning.

                   ⚫⭕⚫⭕⚫⭕

  I woke up to the sound yelling and shouting; the voices ringing loudly from downstairs. I quickly scramble out of my Team Umizoomi themed bed(A/N- don't know how to spell it) and exit my small room.

  I peer down through the railings of the wooden staircase and my eyes widen at the scene below. Momma was holding down a mysterious boy on the couch while pawba was holding a pointy, sharp object in his hand and a small, black bottle in the other. The kid looked around my age and had way darker skin than mine. His hair looked thick and curly but was a bit damp from how much he was crying and sweating. His eyes were squeezed shut as he was trying to struggle away from momma, but her grip held firm. Pawba plunge the sharp, pointy thing in the black bottle causing a milky white liquid to fill the container connected to the thing. I watched as the boy opened his eyes to reveal eyes the color of the yummy chocolate bar I ate earlier today. He started crying louder, tears pouring from his eyes as pawba got closer and took his arm. I watched in horror as the sharp thing sunk into the boys skin, the boy now sobbing at the top of his lungs.

  " NO!!!" It went silent. Momma and pawba eyes widened in surprise as I stomped down the stairs with tears in my eyes. The boy looked at me startled and whimpered as I got closer. When I reach them I push pawba out of the way as much as I could( which wasn't much) to reach the shaking boy and glare at momma. " Let him go!" Momma swallowed and looked behind me to, I guess, pawba. She tried and reach out for me but I quickly side step her, causing the hand to fall through the air onto her lap. She sighed shakily.

  " Baby, it's bed time. What are you doing out of bed?" I glare harder.

  " What are you doing out of bed?" I fire back. Hands now on my hips.

" I...we..." That's when she broke. Her shoulders started shaking violently, tears cascaded down her cheeks. I feel hands pick me up and place me on the couch next to the mysterious boy and momma. Pawba sat in front of momma and tried to call her down, rubbing her back soothingly. " I can't! He's ours! We've waited tooo long!" The boys looked at her with wide eyes, trying to understand just like I. " It's not fair that some...skank-"  I gasped, " is blessed to have as many children her body can handle while I can't even provide my son a little brother or sister!" She weeps. Pawba nodded understanding and looks down at the boy who looks like he's about to go potty on himself.

" Let him go. Let Noah have him for a bit. Get to know him." Pawba said, gently prying momma's arms from around the boy. She nodded softly and released the boy. Pawba picked him up which made the boy start whimpering again. He quickly set the boy down on my lap, which my me groan from the sudden weight. The boy stilled and stared shyly and hesitantly at me. I then gradually wrap my arms around him, as if we were hugging, and cuddled his shaking form, forcing his head on my chest and my arms around his small waist; his arms loosely around my neck.

"What's your name?" I asked gently.

I received no answer.