2 years ago

Loud music, check. Intoxicated people, check. Capacity of a can of sardines, check. Never in my life would I have imagined that I'd be following my brother and a half naked lady into the back of New York's hottest nightclub.

On a school night....

"Better keep up, sug!" The red head yelled over her shoulder to me, "Wouldn't want you to get nabbed up quicker than a dollar on a sidewalk!" She hooted causing Dante to look back and make sure that I wasn't actually being kidnapped. I sped up a bit. As we got deeper into the building, the crowd got denser. The smell of sweat gotten more prominent, the lights became more sensual, and the atmosphere seemed to have gone from carefree and happy to serious and somber. Unlike the first half of the building, this section seemed to lack a dance floor(which may have been the reason why everyone was huddled against the walls) leaving a large empty space in the middle of the spacious room. Weird. The people against the walls were talking in hushed tones as if trying to prevent anyone from eavesdropping on their conversation. Everyone conversing in pairs, whispering away.

"Don't stare." A firm hand grabbed the back of my neck, forcing me to look forward. I turn towards Dante and raised an eyebrow. He just glanced down at me not letting go. I sigh and let him guide me to where we are going. We stopped at a set of stairs which spiraled up and towards the ceiling leading up to another room which had a large window- I'm guessing to look down upon the clubbers below- tinted just enough that you could only make out the figures of the people in the room. This screamed VIP ONLY.

"Uh, Dante?" I grabbed his arm, " I don't think we ca-OOF!" Dante lifted me until his shoulder and started trekking up the flight of stairs.

"Wasting time," was his only explanation. I huffed and tried adjusting myself so his shoulder wasn't pressed against my stomach so harshly. The sound of snickering makes me stop to glare at the harlot following close behind with a playful grin and a twinkle in her eyes.

"Sooooo," she starts off. "What's your name, sug?"

"Uhh, De'Marku-"

"His name's Noah." I turn around as best as I can to glare at Dante.

"She didn't ask you, doofus!"

"And she didn't ask for a fake name, De'Markus." I gaped at him.

"Since when did you get so sassy!!!" This is probably the most he's ever said to me.

He shrugged, causing me to groan in pain, and kept walking up the seemingly endless set of stairs.

Hmmph! Saucyboy.