CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE
ooix.
WITH TRUE FRIENDS COME ROCK WARS

__

[ MONET'S POV ]

TAKING THE LIVING fluff out of my bikes basket, I headed through the doors of the pet store. A stench of animals had wafted into my face as I stepped onto the paw printed 'WELCOME' map.

I walked towards the left, already knowing what aisle I headed to as I searched the shelves, filled with many different types of foods. With canned goods spotting my eyes, I stopped in front of the brand Kitties McGee, flavored with salmon and chicken. Taking the can in hand, Frankenstein had already put its nose to it as it sniffed the goods.

"We have a winner," I whispered, taking three more as my arms were now filled. Maybe I should've grabbed a basket before. Heading towards another aisle, my eyes skimmed the lined cat toys, Frankie's eyes staring at them with deep concentration, his eyes dilating.

After the abrupt scene from yesterdays memory, I couldn't get out the small moments out of my mind. I wasn't able to fade away the feeling of how Bill looked at me, or how the warmth of just a simple touch brought me at ease. But I couldn't deny how selfish I was to just turn the other way. To push someone that dear to me away. I just wasn't able to let him in.

I couldn't explain the terrifying things that had happened, or just the small problems that bugged the hell out of me. He surely didn't see anything I have, right? And here I was. Questioning myself within an aisle of cat toys, maxed with things within my arms. Heaving a sigh, I made my way to the cashier. Paying the money, I bid a small goodbye, carrying the bags into the basket as well as Frankenstein.

"Monet!"

The sudden call of my name was what caused a slight jump, my heart skipping a beat at the sudden outburst. A hand was held to my chest as I turned around, letting out a small chuckle as Beverly bounced over to me. Her breaths were rapid, trying to take in the necessary oxygen as her hands made its way to her knees.

"I"m.. so glad I- found you," she worded in between breaths. "The one- place I know... where you'd be."

My brows scrunched as I watch her heave in and out, biting the inside of my cheek as the suns rays beat down harshly against the back of my neck. "You look like you just ran a mile," I chuckled out. "It seems you found me on the right time."

Beverly nodded her head, her flop of fiery red hair shaking in the process. Taking in her last heavy breath, she laughed as her hands were now placed onto her hips. "I was hoping I would. I-I actually needed to tell you something. Really, show, actually."