CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER 3.2
oiii.ii
GHASTLY BLOODSPOT

TO THE MIND of Stan, everywhere was littered with poison ivy

TO THE MIND of Stan, everywhere was littered with poison ivy. Even I could point out the mistakes in his statements. Very few spots held the small plants, but to the eyes of Stan, a leaf was considered poisonous.

"Fun fact for you guys. It's right over there. And there. Also, right over there, too." He nearly pointed out each plant that lined and rimmed along the entrance of the sewers. Holding Frankie with one arm, I watched over as Bill and Richie headed into the tunnel first, both Stan and Eddie giving confused glances.

As I didn't even think about the consequences for what I didn't think through, I pushed the thin vine that stood in my path. Stepping in a few feet behind the boys, I parted my way into the dark space.

"Those leaves over there," I stated, mentioning to ones that Stan pointed out earlier, "aren't poison ivy. They mostly grow on trees, not the ground."

"S-So nothing here is p-poison ivy?" Eddie slowly emerged into the tunnel, his face scrunching up as he settled into a rather cleaner spot. I gave him a shake of my head with a reassuring smile, turning to face the two other boys as I emerged deeper into the tunnel.

Although the only light source had seeped through the only way out, and the two flashlights held by Bill and Richie, I was still able to find my footing. It wasn't until my feet abruptly stepped into the water of littered trash and other things I weren't able to make out. Not to mention, the water had no where been clear. With the water seeping through the creases of my Converse, I could feel the water inside the shoes and into my freshly picked white socks.

With a deep calming breath, I continued the walk into the dirty water with the slosh of my shoes. With a tightening comfort grip on Frankie, a foul smell was brought up into my nose as I felt the gaging urge to come up. Instead, I didn't try to bother with the smell as I let my senses linger somewhere else. Although the disgust ran through the tunnel, it didn't seem to stop both Richie and Eddie from their constant bickering.

"I-I'm starting to feel i-itchy. This place isn't sanitary, either! I-I'm pretty sure this isn't even healthy for my- "

"Do you use the same bathroom as your mother?" Richie questioned.

"Well.. sometimes, yeah."

"Then that's probably the cause of why you may have crabs."

"It's not even on a constant basis, dickhead! That's not even funny." Eddie's obnoxious steps were placed with loud splashes as he exited the sewer again, now to the front with Stan. Droplets of water from Eddie's sudden outburst now pinned onto my dress. I didn't even glare at the boy as I only checked for Frankie if he was wet.