chapter 2: the fire festival

"Okaasan, tousan." Iruka softly said as he was in front of two graves with Sakura next to him and laying white flowers on the graves. It was the 11th October. Iruka had chosen to go visit their parents graves the day after their death anniversary. Because the biggest part of Konoha population would be visiting their late ones the day of their death, which is the day that the Kyuubi was sealed away. Sealed in Sakura. And her going visit the cemetery on that day will anger the habitants more, like if the Kyuubi enjoyed their suffering. So, they go visiting them the next day. They both prayed for their parents. And luckly for them Iruka didn't had to work that day. First for Sakura's and then for Iruka's.

Iruka had told Sakura how their parents died, how they died fighting the Kyuubi. But Sakura didn't know why Iruka hated the one who had avenge their parents death and saved their village. And she knew better than to ask him, it was a taboo subject after all. After the prayers they exited the cemetery and headed to their usual spot. Ichiraku Ramen.

" Sakura-chan, Iruka-san." Greeted an exited 14-year-old girl as the two came into vieuw .

" Ayame-nee." Respond a happy Sakura as she took a seat in front of the young girl. She was the owner of Ichiraku ramen, Teuchi, daughter. She and her father were one of the rare people of the​ villagers not to hate her. In fact, they adore her and Ayame found her adorable and Sakura pink made her more adorable in Ayame opinion. Ayame had long brown hair that was held by a white headband, onyx eyes and was beautiful in Sakura's and Iruka's opinion.

" Ayame-san." Greeted Iruka and he took the seat next to Sakura's right.

"The usual ?" She asked. They nodded and Ayame went to cook them their ramens. She was maybe 14, but she was naturally skilled when it came for cooking. And it was one of the things Teuchi was proud of, he had asked her to go to the cooking school he went before to open the restaurant. But she had refused,for her there wasn't a better teacher in cooking than her father.

"Ah kiddos. It has been a while since you came eat here. Ayame was missing you. " Said Teuchi as he walked to them. Teuchi had already gray hair and his face was already wrinkled but he was rather active for his age. Iruka blushed a bit when he heard that Ayame had missed them. They may have 2 years difference between them, but Iruka had some feelings for her. Because he protect Sakura the villagers aren't the kindest with him and Ayame was one of the people in the village that are kind to them. They chatted with the Teuchi till Ayame came back.

" Shirakawa ramen for Sakura-chan and Tokushima ramen for Iruka-san. " Said Ayame when she brought them their ramen. Sakura had stars in her eyes as the bowl of ramen was placed in front of her. Iruka thanked her when she handed him his ramen.

" Itadakimasu." Said the five and half year old pink haired girl as she clap her hands and then started to eat her ramen and so did Iruka.

"Are you working during the festival ?" Asked Iruka to Ayame,in less than two weeks the fire festival was going to take place and Iruka wanted to spent it with Sakura and Ayame.

"Yes, father will need my help and it is a good opportunity to make businesses." Answered Ayame to Iruka. Ayame would have liked to go to the festival, but her father couldn't do all the work when there would be a lot of costumers.

"You don't have to sweety. If you want to go, then go. I will ask Mamori to help me." Said Teuchi to his daughter like he was reading his daughter thoughts. Sakura who was too busy to eat her ramen didn't know what it was all going about and looked dumb founded while listening the rest of their conversation.

"Then would you go out with us then ?" Asked Iruka with a light blush on his cheeks. When he asked it like this, it looked more like he asked her out for a date. And it was a bit embarrassing for the sixteen year old Umino to ask it to his two year younger crush. Ayame blushed a bit too. She knew that it wasn't really a date, because Sakura would be with them. But it still looked like he asked her out.And the feeling she was having wasn't like the other times when a boy complimented her or had tried to ask her out. She felt something warm in her belly and her heart was beating faster. And for this instant she didn't felt like their was an age difference between them.