Reunited

Chapter 4 Reunited

After practice, I was ready to pass out, but it's the good type of pass out. You know after you've done something that you love and then you want to sleep? Yeah, that's the best kind of pass out. When I finish gathering my stuff, I see a text from my mom telling me she is just now getting off work, meaning that I'll be waiting here for at least another 30 minutes. Sitting on the bench outside of the studio, I pull out my phone and go through my messages. One of the first messages I see is from an unknown number. Who could this be? Usually, I don't text those numbers back, but something is telling me that I should reply. So I do.

Wait a minute I know EXACTLY who this is

Wait a minute I know EXACTLY who this is. I just need confirmation...

Mae: 'Uh-huh...go on....'

Unknown: 'I really thought that would ring a bell. Okay last hint: Remember the closest!!'

When I see that immediately die laughing.

Mae: 'After the second hint I knew who you were. OMG, how did you even get my number.'

Voshon: 'I got your number from Sonya. It's been forever baby girl.'

Mae: 'I know right! I've haven't seen you since we were like 7. How you been?'

Voshon: 'I've been good, some crazy things have happened since we moved, but ya know life. You?'

A flash of light distracts me from replying. Looking up I see my mom's car pull up in the same spot that Enzo dropped me off.

"Hey, how was work?"

She rolls her eyes before answering, causing me to laugh. "Work was work. Let me tell you what happened today..." She delves into a story about her boss and some of the ridiculous things she has seen throughout the day.

My mom is a petite woman who stands at about 4'9 but likes to think that she is above six feet tall, but that's a different story for a different day. It's always been her and I, even when we stayed with my grandma. She has short dark brown hair with some grey mixed in from aging. We still have our ups and downs, but all we really have is each other. So we stick together.

"Guess who texted me all of ten minutes ago."

She turns her head slightly to me since we're at a red light. "Who?"

"Bruh you will never guess who it was even when I tell you."

With a chuckle, she tells me just to say it to her.

I huff painfully "Fine I'll tell you. It was Voshon."

By the way, she whips her head to look at me I can tell that that was the last name she expected to say.

"Are you serious? How did he even get your number?"

Laughing I tell her what he said and then read her some of our conversion.