Chasing the Sea: Chapter 3

Brooke

            I started walking home, wondering what I would’ve done if I had stayed there.  I was about five steps away from where I was before when I heard him running behind me. Why would he be running after me? I shouldn’t have followed him here, and he didn’t even know me.

“I didn’t catch your name, I’m Lucas. And you are?” he said almost desperately.

“I’m Brooke.” I said with a smile. Well, never mind with the “he doesn’t know me” thing…

“Nice to meet you. So why exactly did you follow me here?” he said with a smirk.

I was getting nervous. “I uhh don’t really know actually.”

He laughed. “Well I’m glad you came.” He started to walk away, “Maybe I’ll see you again another time.”

“Yeah, maybe.” I smiled. I had just made a friend, and a hot one at that.

I decided this time I was definitely leaving. I needed to take Max (my German shepherd)  for a walk, plus I was starving.  I started thinking about going back to the lake tomorrow. Lucas seemed really nice, and he was really hot. Did I already say that? Yeah, probably. I had decided that I was definitely going to follow him tomorrow… I have nothing to do anyway, it’s not like I have any friends to hang out with. Ever since two months ago, I’ve been all alone. It doesn’t bother me that much though, I’m sort of used to it now, and the reason was clear why I was going to the lake again tomorrow. I needed a friend.

***********************************************************************

thanks for reading chapter three! what do you think will happen tommorow? :o leave me a comment!(: